Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We departed from the dock at about 6:30 this morning. We were met with slightly bumpy seas, but not too bad. On our first pass of the morning we hooked and landed 4 Trophy Rock at one time. All 4 were on the port side planar lines. While still on our first pass we hooked and landed one more over and one 27 1/2 inch under. Then chaos............. I managed to get eel pot buoys caught on my planar tow line very close to the board. With the rough seas, I did not see the buoys (Bleach and Anti-freeze jugs tied together) until it was too late. I quickly ordered all hands on deck and my first mate and my crew did their best to quickly crank in 26 lines, while I slowed the boat and for a brief while towed the buoys and the 50 plus eel pots attached to them. Then the eel pots tightened up on my board and began pulling it sideways. I quickly cut the planar tow line and my crew continued to crank in the lines. With-in probably 10 minutes we had all 26 lines in the boat and were recovering the other planar board. Then I went to track down the board I had cut off. Following my track we quickly found the board and we were able to wrap the planar board line back up and fetch the board from the water. Then we had to re-group and re-set both planar lines and 26 rods. Not long after setting the lines the fish started snapping again and after two missed strikes, we landed our last "over" keeper for our limit. It was getting snotty, so I asked my crew if they wanted to keep fishing or head for home and they said KEEP FISHING!! So keep fishing we did and went on to have 8 more bites, but only landed 4 of them, which were nice overs which we carefully released. So in total we had 17 bites and landed 11 of them, 10 overs and 1 nice under. I guess the rough seas had something to do with the fish not making it into the boat?? who knows, at least it was an eventful day.

Aboard the FIN FINDER for this Thursday 12/9/10 I have three anglers confirmed and just need 3 more to make it a go. If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible so I can let the others know we are all set.
Enjoy the two pics from today, sorry I could not take any from the water today, a little too rough for that today. The third pic is our catch from yesterday.

Hope to see you on the water this Thursday............

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they are biting again today

We are out here on the bay right now and the big boys are jerking! 6 nice overs landed and 1 27.75 inch under.

The fin finder still has three slots available for tomorrow.........

Don't miss your shot, the fish are biting aNd the seas will be calm tomorrow!s!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts