Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Goose - I'd like to see taxes reduced on working folks and the hand outs cut back on the lazy ones.

Pump USA oil and not need our enemies oil.

The E cars are OK idea but power grid not ready. Need a 10 or 20 year phase out of gas / phase in of E cars.

Biggest problem to me is career politicians. Too much dirty dealing going on.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
We refine our own oil and they’ll be held accountable during elections. Right now, we can’t make anyone accountable for anything, because it’s about profit and shareholders

prefect the process and suck every other country dry.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Skip, what is proper "positioning" of a spot at the bridge pilings? My son and I tried for a few hours last week with nothing to show. Lost many hooks though due to snags. We were fishing in the 20' deep pilings area. Current was very slow.
I've got a new bay boat with a trolling motor so it is finally easy for me to position the boat.
thanks

·
Premium Member
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Cool Daddy. I like to be able to have stern about 20 feet on up current side of a piling.

Gentle lob cast of Spot so it lands 5 to 10 feet from piling. Closer on slow current - farther on medium current. Fast current tough to fish. Some times the bite window is 10-15 minutes.

Let about 10 feet of line out and hold Spot. Idea is for Spot to be very close to piling so Rock comes out to grab it. Spot might only be in strike zone few seconds. If Rock are there - Spot gets hit fast. Get a hit - drop rod tip and allow 3 seconds. Drag should be tighter than tight. If Rock pulls drag - you lose. Pull it away - moving to other side of cockpit if need be.

The pilings often have I beams coming off them - down about 10 feet. I've dove some of them - these beams are full of line / lures / hooks. You have to keep the Spot and Rock away from this.

Sometimes the Rock will be on back of a piling but I find front better.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Left my house at 7:30 am - friend that was to join me had to cancel. Driving along Rt 50 near Rowe blvd - had a white pick up cut me off. I watched as driver weaved through traffic on the bridge.

Had to laugh when saw truck pulled over near the wawa store - good going Md state trooper.

Got to ramp at 8 and launched - took few minutes to net some grass shrimp. Tide was high - out going current just starting. Ran out and found Spot in 18 feet - put about 10 in live well. Being alone and one Rock limit - decided to just try pilings.

Wind was from south - made it tricky to get Spot in right position. Missed first Rock but stuck second one - nice 24 incher. Looked at GPS - it was 9:15.

Moved into shallower water and used the grass shrimp on a 1/4 oz jig head. Threaded 3-5 on the hook and found Perch from 6 to 11 inches.

May be an image of indoor

I kept the larger ones. Had a small 16 inch Rock take the jig - thought I had Moby Perch for minute.

Saw one of the Ever Green ships heading south - those things are huge.

May be an image of nature

Water was decent clarity and 74*. Fished until about 11:30 - ran in on flat water. At ramp - saw something shiny - it was a stainless steel skeg guard snapped off - OUCH. Got it out so no one would cut a tire on it.

Stopped on way home to fill boat up - lucky I can buy it on land. I feel for boaters that have to buy on water.
THANK YOU SKIP

·
Registered
583 Posts
Goose - I'd like to see taxes reduced on working folks and the hand outs cut back on the lazy ones.

Pump USA oil and not need our enemies oil.

The E cars are OK idea but power grid not ready. Need a 10 or 20 year phase out of gas / phase in of E cars.

Biggest problem to me is career politicians. Too much dirty dealing going on.
All true Skip. Borrowing money to pay folks not to work creates inflation. E cars/trucks are the future. Depending on wind and solar alone for juice wont work and libs will not support new nuclear plants. Plus the power grid thing.
Career politicians of any party will never vote for term limits. ONLY way is COS Convention of the States.

·
Registered
413 Posts
All true Skip. Borrowing money to pay folks not to work creates inflation. E cars/trucks are the future. Depending on wind and solar alone for juice wont work and libs will not support new nuclear plants. Plus the power grid thing.
Career politicians of any party will never vote for term limits. ONLY way is COS Convention of the States.
Yeah, cause 34 states are gonna agree on anything....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Its passed in 19 or 20 states so far and is active legislation in 13 others. Term limits is bi-partisan so its not impossible.
Nothing is impossible, I don't think term limits will solve anything, the new knuckle heads are no better, and in some cases worse than the old farts. Now the electoral college, that's the keystone.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sometimes the Rock will be on back of a piling but I find front better.
[/QUOTE]
To be clear. Are you saying Rock like to stage in front of the pilings with the current in their faces?

·
Premium Member
26,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just in time - Yes. The current will be broken by the piling and there will be a small area of slack water in front of it. Same with oyster humps / wrecks / sewer pipe / rock piles /etc.

The fish can stage on up current holding in slack / seam letting current carry food to them. They only need to dart out to grab it.

If a Spot is presented correctly by a live line angler - it will appear to be struggling in current and being swept along.

LTJ anglers do same thing but cast from down current side of pilings ( most times ) - allowing the jig to sink but be swept along.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Interesting Skip, I always thought they hung out in the eddy on the back side like river fish. Maybe that's why I suck at fishing the pilings. Actually, I hate fishing the Key or Bay Bridge. Just too durn urban for me.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts