Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what a profitable business Exxon mobil is. Maybe we should tax them some more so they will hire more people. (81,000 employees now) They paid 32.5 Billion in taxes for July-sept 2008. we should tax them some more so gas prices can go down.... they make 161,195,652 per day or 111,941 per minute. exxon earnings per share was $2.86 up from a year ago of $1.70 .

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pointing this out early...exxon has 81,000 employees now...making huge profits...gas is decreasing in price....oil production was down 8% at EXXON last quarter.....one year from now if Obama increases their taxes....let's see what the verdict is then

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drive 2000 miles a month and am trying to keep gas prices low. And it is also one of the best examples of what Obama's economic plan will do. Obama keeps saying he wants to tax Exxon more but don't you think 32.5 billion is enough per quarter

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
My company was incorporated. I took my legal allowances and paid the bill. Lets change the legal allowances for oil companies to the same legal allowances that my company had and that is their bill.

Taxing them more will not effect the cost of gasoline. Ths gas prices were effected by less usage which translates into price being a factor of supply and demand. The rush to unload SUV's, more shipments by train than truck, carpooling and combining trips all have had a effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts