Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the day out early over in the ghost hole with no takers. Water temp. 48 deg. Around 11 a.m. decided to head to upper cut channel / RP bouy. Threw the stuff over and had a productive couple to three hours on the troll finishing with a limit of FAT 26-27's. None over the slot on this day. Caught a 30"er on the daisy chain and had to toss her back. The 14 fish landed were caught on 6" storm w/24 oz.mojo drop, stretch 25, umbrella, and daisy chain. Nice day on the bay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How did you run your stretch 25 and umbrella at the same time? were you using outriggers or was the umbrella off one one side and stretch in middle or was umbrella in front of stretch closer in.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i run my stretch wwb (150 - 200 ft ) and umbrelllas closer , I think its really up to you , if thats wrong hopefully a vet will chime in and set us straight

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depends on the total weight of your umbrella. I run a mini with 5 electric chickens with no in-line behind the stretch, getting the top 1/3 of the column. Never had a bit of trouble on sharp turns around some crazy captains. With 2 drops -- 28 oz or greater -- never have any trouble with 4 rods.

The big ones are making their move into the bay past the CBBT. Several good reports of >40" caught this weekend and Monday between the bridge tunnel and plantation flats, with lots of sea lice.

Had the same luck as everyone Sunday near RP/59A. Lines in at 10:30, limit on <28" by 11. Couldn't go Monday morning, but I heard almost all who went caught skunk. Anyone have any luck Monday in the mid-bay? Where did all those sq. miles of bait and fish go?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep my spread simple...2 three-way / mojo drop rigs right off the back, umbrellas on "out-rodders" further back off the sides, and a stretch wtfb in the middle. That's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts