Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left at odark30 again and headed North out of OI. Got 14 miles North and was the only boat. Got on the radio, " hey is anyone coming north today?" About 1/2 hour later here come the OI charters. I picked up 40: and a 38" before it went off. Then it did, but much smaller fish. Average 18lb or so but all you wanted. Was foul hooking them on my lone Immiator, thinking they were much larger, when that happened.

My theory is that these schools of smaller fun fish moved down from Duck and
the schools of larger class fish average 35lbish, I was catching yesterday, moved further south. One other difference was yesterday it went off on the 3mile line with the larger fish and today it was going off .5 to 1.5 miles off with the smaller fish. Anyway, will be back Those Stripers know how to act when in NC. They consistantly play inside! clapping2:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hows the inlet? Thursday evening coming in at dark it was as I remembered it from years back. You power in holding her steady as the current and waves remind you that they are still in control speeding, slowing and rocking you, kinda sucking you in as you go. Friday and Saturday it was tame with winds out of the west, very smooth in and out.

Thursday I was at the inlet at day break, and hung a monster head shaker on 32oz Mojo and daisy Chain. The thing started moving out to the side of the boat (boat moving at 2.5mph) and pulling drag with every shake. I started to fight him, and moments later he snapped the 80-100 lb mono of heavy duty daisy chain! Yes I believe the big ones lurk there lihey do at the high rise. I would like to eel out there some night weather permitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts