Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 hp evinrude with new spark plugs and full of high test gas will idil fine and will run for short distance but will bog down to about half speed. I take it out of gear and rev the motor and it will take off again for another short run. The ball is staying solid and it looks like there is nothing around the prop. Any ideals ? thanks I have to get out in the river soon!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
could be choking itself out, make sure the choke adjustment is in and is functioning properly. You could also play with the rich/lean mixture if it has an adjustment for that.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
check your fuel line, check to make sure tank is vented good. Had similiar experience and it wasn't getting gas.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
When the motor starts to slow down try pumping the ball to see if it has any effect. If the motor starts to run fine again you have an issue with your fuel supply.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
had a problem with my 15 hp last year simular to that found a pin hole in the gas line by the carburator .Replaced all the gas lines since they were old !982 model.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
This doesn't sound like your problem but throwing it out...make sure the vent is open for the gas tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If its a newer motor with temperature protection it could be a overheating problem. I had similar problems, water seemed to be pumping but not strong. HAd the water pump changed and problem went away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts