Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great trip and time at the Tides Inn. Got zero fishing in but spent a lot time relaxing.

Friday was nice 2-3 footers. Boat did great, wife did not like the fun. Still able to make 35 mph. Weather was much better on the way back. Easy trip at 40 mph. Got within 2 miles of my marina and hit a telephone pole at 40!!!!

wrecked one outboard!!! Managed to get back on the other at 6mph. Do not know how bad the one is that was still running yet. i was pretty sick to my stomach. Got her back in the slip and really did not want to look at the damage. The trailer is back here in town and i guess i will get it out of the water this weekend!!

it was a great mini-vac until the very end...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks again capt dave.

UPDATE: 6-11-05 (if any cares)

got one motor started. the other i can't even get into nuetral. had a little trouble keeping it running. I had to goose the throttle every once and a while. Filed a claim with travelers this week. This process should be real interesting.

Got boat up on the trailer with out much trouble. Met the mechanic and we took a looksee. Hull is fine barely a scratch even though i hit the pole at 43mph! The starboard engine took the brunt off the impact and looks like it was real close to ripping off. Shaft is pulled apart and bent up, several broken brackets and engine parts!!! Mechanic will not be able to start pulling it off and apart until mid-week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts