Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gang. Sold my 25', time for the 18' to go. Its gonna hurt to see it go away too. It may have been boat #2, but it was #1 in my heart. You'll see in my email below how much I loved this boat. In short, Im tired of having two boats to maintain. Im going down to one boat, the largest that will fit in my shop - a 20'.

1992 18' Privateer Retriever center console for sale outfitted with a 1999 Yamaha 50hp four stroke, older galvenized trailer, Garmin 540s GPS plotter, older lowrance FF, custom leaning post w/storage, two igloo coolers, anchor/rode, and all USCG safety gear. Its basically a turn key package. Lots of fishing mojo included at no charge.

Privateers have an almost cult-like follwing, and for good reason. There is a reason there are few of these boats on the used market, especially one that is not rotten to the gunnels. This boat is one of the most versatile boats in its class. Fishing, crabbing, hunting- its does everything well. I have had it bass fishing in a FW pond, and 10 miles off OC in the Atlantic. I bought the hull a few years ago and fixed her up a bit, as the previous owner was a crabber and beat her up. She has been garage kept for the last 3 years, and I can find no evidence of rot anywhere in her. No bottom paint! She is not perfect, but she is a fit and ready little boat for someone. I pulled her out yesterday and cleaned her up best I could with the time that I had so I could take some pics. If the wx allows I will re-paint the floor with non-skid paint before sale. The motor doesn't have an hour meter, but still runs good as long as you feed her decent, filtered fuel. There is a spin on 10 micron filter installed. The 50 pushes her at 20 at cruise and gets outstanding economy. There is a under deck tank that I think holds 14 gallons, I just know that I usually put about 8 in after 3-4 fishing or crabbing trips. The trailer is old, but in very good shape with newer radial tires, fenders and LED lights. Its set up so you can launch and retrieve it practically anywhere. I do it without ever wetting the bearings.

$5500

Boat is located in Kent County, MD
Email 1992privateer18 (the at symbol) gmail (dot) com
Or PM is fine too

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having a hard time convincing myself not to buy this!
greg, it would be a great little runabout for your boys to fish and crab in around the magothy. great shoreline plugging boat as well. i mounted two pieces of starboard to the transom to accept a transom mount trolling motor if you want to use one.

brett

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am unable to make any corrections to my initial post, I pulled the title yesterday for trailer and boat. Both are clear and clean, however the boat is actually a 1990 hull yr. Sorry for any confusion. The trailer is an 3000# GVW load rite trailer. I had one potential buyer ask for that information, so I figured I'd post it up. Similarly, I have had several asking about soft spots in the floor and transom. Again, I can find no evidence of rot or soft spots anywhere in the hull.

·
Registered
734 Posts
:) She runs nice too we had her out over the weekend. Thank you I will be sure to take good care of her.
I plan to have her off the trailer and start the refurbishing process ~ Touch up the areas where needed and patch some of the old holes from past gear and install lights under the gunnels and below water lights off the stern. She has a good home. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts