Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finially bought my first boat and after having the motor looked at its basically on its last leg. It's a 19cc challenger by kencraft. I was hoping for some advice on these boats and if it would be wise to repower or cut my losses. Seems like it could be a nice boat. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Challenger makes a good boat. Spent some time on a 21 and a lot of time on a kencraft challenger 25. Solid. May want to get a second opinion on the engine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree, get a second opinion on the engine, even if it needs a power head depending upon the size it may be worth it. Kencraft makes a great bay boat, if its solid it would probably be worth re powering. If you sell it you may be in the hole. If you do repower, then you really have a new boat with tons of life.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I fished on a 21.5 for ten years with Ray Heim and it would take all the rough weather you could want.
I had a 18ft and wish I had never sold it....fished once or twice on a 20' but hated the leaning post/livewell

A 19 would be great to have but not if I had to repower.....maybe if the stripers were still thick but otherwise no

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
I've got the 21 and a buddy just bought the same boat you've got. Your problem isn't with the boat.. and I'd recommend re-powering if it's a $$ option. I've put too much money into "last leg" motors over the years. EVERY time, I wished I'd repowered earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts