Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Saw the bar out of the water, on the bay side of the bridge, last night. I don't recall ever seeing it that low.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Those are some really low tides!

I am actually reading a spectacular book on tides called "Beyond the Moon" by James Greig McCully.

The whole "how tide happens" is really amazing when you really learn what controls tides. Most people think it is the moon, did you know the moon can only have the maximum of 12 inches effect on water levels and the sun 6 inches? I forget the exact number of variables that actually control tides, I need to go back and look in chapter one, but it is over 350 variables. Really interesting to learn how it all works. The book is as non-scientific as it can be while still being able to describe the science behind it. Recommend it if you are intrigued by what controls tides.

Thanks for the those:28:

Brandon

·
Registered
397 Posts
Awesome pics hook. Thanks from Stafford, Va. (too far from Lynnhaven) Now, if i could talk the wife into moving.......:D :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Statement as of 10:46 PM EST on February 21, 2007

... Windy conditions expected late Thursday afternoon into
Friday...

A strong cold front is expected to move off the coast Thursday
afternoon. Behind the front... northwest winds between 20 to 25
mph with gusts up to 40 mph will be possible from late Thursday
afternoon into Thursday night. The winds will gradually diminish
during the day Friday.

Aint looking much better in terms of low tides.:52: Northwest winds will drain the bay even quicker, and at constant 25, and gusts up to 40, itll be one big toilet bowl... :surrender:

Mark.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
can only imagine what it looks like ate rudy inlet
GOT BACK AROUND 4 PM TO HAUL THE BOAT OUT- FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MY LIFE DID I HAVE TO BACK THE TRAILOR DOWN FAR ENOUGH I WAS OFF THE END OF THE RAMP IN THE MUD/SAND @ OWLS CREEK......

I HAVE PICS OF THE RAMP COVERED IN SNOW & PICS OF THE RAMP SO FLOODED THE WATER IS IN THE PARKING LOT, BUT OF IT WHEN IT WAS AS LOW AS YESTERDAY.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Dennis - COOL pics man! I went a did a little inlet scouting yesterday, looking for some new pup holes. NOW'S the time to do it. Lots of bars and oyster beds that I didn't know existed. AND a lot of holes in the middle of flats that'll hold fish. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PUPS!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I launched the Rock Dog out of Crab Creek last week.

It was super low on the return just like in these pictures. The channel is pretty good as we were able to make it to the ramp with no problem. Also, loaded the boat on the trailer with ease. I was impressed as I figured we would be stuck waiting for some water. No problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.