Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a day to be on the water. Took my bud out of middle river this morning and started trolling the dumping grounds at 11 AM. Came up empty. Moved south of the BB and bang a rod doubles over. My bud reels in a 40+. This was his first time trolling in MD. 30 mins later i hook up with another 40+. We release her and decide to troll til 3 pm (2:30 at the time). At 2:58 we hear that beautiful scream of a reel. Another 40 +. All fish were in the 41-43 inch range. Also snaged a large pogie.

Thank you all for the tips. I have been a lurker since the spring, today I finally felt i had something to add.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Nice first post good solid report with Pictures Welcome

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice Post, Nice Fish!:clap: I should have stayed close to home instead of trailering to Breezy Point for the afternoon. My boys and I got 1 in 3 hours down around 78. See my post.

Good Work!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Welcome to the board, keep the reports coming! Way to go on 3 big fish.
How big was the pogie? I had a fish earlier this week from that area with a 4" and a 9" in her. We've had luck
with both 6 and 9" shad bodies.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Great Job!!!!:thumbup: I was in the area today also.What kinda set-up were you runnin"? I had 2 Footballs 24-28 and that was it. [Mike]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pogie was around 7-9 inches. We caught 2 on 9 inch cart shads and 1 on white. We were in 50 ft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts