Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our trip for Sunday got blown out. Went out by myself on Tuesday. The "Nordic Angler" left Broad Creek about 8:30 am and headed towards Stingray Point. Noticed a lot of fish on the fishfinder just north of "3R". Could not get anything to bite.

Went out to Windmill Point since I heard they were catching a few. I caught 6, all between 12" and 17". They all hit on a yellow bucktail with a white head being trolled on a #1 planer at 3 knots. On the other line, I had an in-line sinker and tried a white, yellow (yellow head), and purple bucktail, a silver spoon with yellow feathers, a chartuse bucktail and a storm shad (bunker color) - nothing. Any advice for a first timer?

Saw a few birds working several times when a few fish would splash. I was about 1-2 miles due east of the Windmill Pt Light.

Didn't set any records but it sure was a beautiful day on the water. Will try again Friday or Saturday with some friends.

Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
I hear that Cutbait!
Worked my tail off to come with the a limit 25" Friday night @ CBBT

Never worked birds at night before
but we were desperate by 2am

·
Registered
647 Posts
I haven't found any big fish yet either.But , most of the fish I've caught have been on the bottom. Tomics & green bucktails
have produced the most action for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts