Tidal Fish Forum banner

$2.00 a gallon gas

Good Information 
5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  goose70 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Good reason to run the boat. Short term drop but the Oil Monopoly will quickly make up for it with a new strategy. Look at these companies profits for the last twenty years. Not to mention the smoke and mirror accounting practices that they have been allowed by our government. The price of gas at the pump is double what it should be if this was any other industry. Yes oil is the major driving force behind the world economy but long term economic growth requires prices to increase on an even keel. Oil goes up everything else follows. Its only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down.

#4 ·
Yay! Temporary $2 gas is a great trade for Iran conducting an underground nuclear weapons test within the next 5 years and a threat to Tel Aviv immediately thereafter. Iran has no legitimacy whatsoever for a peaceful nuclear program. They're in the top 5 for reserves of oil, they have the largest in the world natural gas reserves, they have ample sunshine, and significant untapped potential for wind, geothermal and hydropower... and a backward culture with little industry and little demand for electricity. Peaceful electricity production my @ss.

Witness the similar nuclear deal Clinton worked out with North Korea and see how that one ended. BOOM!

#9 ·
Thread has taken a huge OT turn. But I guess I'll play. What was stopping Iran from progressing towards a nuclear weapon prior to this agreement? Certainly not sanctions. With the agreement, widespread, serious inspections can now occur (much more than required under prior UN agreements). I realize that this isn't as sound of a foreign policy as covertly, illegally providing weapons to Iran in exchange for hostages like Reagan did, but hey, it's a start.

As for N. Korea, that happened after little Bush took office, reneged on our agreements with N. Korea, causing N. Korea to cancel inspections and renew progress towards a bomb. It was a colossal failure of U.S. foreign policy.

#11 ·
Inspections? Iran has 24 days to hide their $hit after the US asks for an inspection. What a joke. The worst part is the US will be contributing $150 billion towards building it or towards their terrorist missions. Even if Iran fails to keep up their end of the bargain, they will have already collected the money and we lose any leverage we had left.

#17 · (Edited)
Makes you think about which nation in the middle east is worst Iran or Saudi Arabia. The Saudis have a much worst human rights record and not to forget 15 of the 9/11 terriost were Saudis as was Osama Bin Laden, and in the past it is rumored Saudis have funded both Al Queda and ISIS while Iran is actually helping fight ISIS in Iraq. If Iran set off an atomic weapon they could be dealt with in very short order a hundredfold. I am no fan of the Obama administration but I think the big oil companies and Isreal have too much input on our foreign policy in the Mideast and have had so for a long time.
The Saudis are pumping huge amounts of oil to keep the price down not to help we consumers but to throttle production in this country as the Braken oil is much more costly to get out of the ground then theirs.

#13 ·
And I was just thinking about running a little further in the Bay on $2 a gallon gas. Thank you guys for the editorial perspective on the complicated world of foreign policy, past and future. Now I have something to think about while the outboard drones on the way to the fishin' hole...

#19 ·
You really cannot raise this without also raising the ultra-tight relationship between the Saudis and the Bushes.:))
Glasses Kiss Outerwear Facial expression Coat

Or between the Saudis and key U.S. retired military officers.

In any event, it's not necessarily a bad thing for other nations to invest in this country and have a stake in our success.

Back to laughing at Fishamajig's comment....:clapping2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.