Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think most of you know my truck was vandalized at Sandy Point state park this season in late summer.Someone used a sharp item-most likely an awl or ice pick to puncture my truck and trailer tires over the course of two weeks.The DNR and Md State police both investigated it but had no luck in catching the person(s) who did it.The cameras at the park did not show my truck/trailer - just people coming/going.The police have suspects but no hard proof.The tires were all punctured in the sidewalls - all on the drivers side.The boat is stored in a locked garage- Sandy Point was the only spot it was parked in the open.

If you know who did this - the cash is yours, however-you will need to testify in court.I promised my family I would handle this matter in the courts and I keep my word.

Word on the street is the culprit reads Tidal Fish and is trying to make an example of me.It seems they do not like the "HO" program and want it to stop and feel since I go alot- I would make a good target.I do not charter my boat and have no plans to become a charter captain - although some people seem to think that.My first suspect was a poacher I turned in last year- guess it could be anyone.

A few weeks ago- I lost a trailer tire while on Rt. 3.A few days before-I had been to Sandy Point.All the lugs were gone when the tire/rim came off.The tire was last off the trailer in August and if yoy have even tried to remove lugs- you know they are tough after being underwater a few trips.I can not prove it but my gut says it was again vandalism.The tire/rim went flying off and could have killed an innocent person - time for this to stop.

I'm hoping whoever did this ran their mouth and since the fishing community is small- someone overheard them.

It is a shame someone is stooping this low - they need to be stopped and forced to pay for the damage they have caused.

If you have any info- B-mail me. Thanks, Skip.

Note: Reward "fund" is growing. The vandalism did happen at the park- I've been over everything with the police, no enemies / work troubles/etc.

Big THANK YOU to all the TFers pitching in extra money- means ALOT to me :thumbup:.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I would hope no one on this board or any other would stoop that low. I think I would handle that on my own though. Hope you find the a$$hole.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Skip, If I had info to help you I would gladly let you know and it wouldn't cost you a dime and would testify in court if necessary. Hope you get the info you're looking for. Messing with the lug nuts on any vehicle is risking serious injury or worse to the operator and/or innocent person. Something like that cannot be blown off as a "kid prank". Good luck hope you get enough to nail the a$$hole (s).

·
Registered
987 Posts
Skip, I hope 1K is enough to get someone to talk :thumbup:
Good luck bud
Pure freaking craziness

By the way I need a set of boards for a friend :yes:
Send me a PM when you are going to start building again
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hell, I would HOPE that 99.99999% of the guys on here, if they knew ANYTHING would say something for free! It shouldn't take money to do the right thing especially for a man like Skip. Someone who holds nothing back and would do ANYTHING to help someone out. Anyway, sorry to hear this is all happening Skip. Hope you catch the SOB.
-Phil

·
Registered
988 Posts
Skip, All criminals and COWARDS eventually slip up and talk... Looseing the lug nuts and endagering the life (s) of others is where the line is drawn. I hope you get the sob. Will keep the ears low...

Shawn F

·
Registered
703 Posts
nab 'em

Skip - I hope you find the culprit one way or another. Like the others,
if I knew anything I woulld have told you long ago FOR FREE.

Good luck

Bill

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I remember reading about the flat tires...but loosening the trailer tires...WOW!!!:eek::eek: That is a pretty "ballsy" prank by a vandal. That coulda killed someone!!! I hope ya catch the creep(s?) that are messing with your gear!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Skip I would hope you get information on the dirtbag & if it'll help I'll chip in $20.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I got $20 for a good cause too!:yes: What a coward. You are more of a man than me Skip, this matter would be handled out of court- no question.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Skip, wish you the best in your quest,someday somewhere he or they will slip up,it took 11 yrs for me to find the person who pulled the plug and sunk my boat,but I got'em:))

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Pranks are one think but the lug nuts could have killed many people. Sounds like this guy / gal realy wants you DOA. Now for the dumb question, whats wrong with 'HO-ing" I know that their was the charter question about asking for gass money awhile back but thats all I know, what am I missing.

As a side note since this guy /gal already knows who you are and your rig, It might help to post a photo of you with your rig. this way others may be more alert to keep an eye out on it.

TED

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Skip,
Sorry to see that it has come to you having to offer a reward. I wonder if they thought it out or even care if someone gets hurt? Speaking for the HO community who you have taken the time to educate on the water, shared your experiences with, and helped with cutting the learning curve down substantially, THANKS. Hope it works out for you. You surely don't deserve this.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Skip,
Sorry to see that it has come to you having to offer a reward. I wonder if they thought it out or even care if someone gets hurt? Speaking for the HO community who you have taken the time to educate on the water, shared your experiences with, and helped with cutting the learning curve down substantially, THANKS. Hope it works out for you. You surely don't deserve this.
Well said. Why someone has such an axe to grind I have no idea . To attack objects is cowards way out. How can one man's HO'ing cause an industry to shut down in these barren ecpnomic times so if that logic is true if I am car pooling, and walking places is causing the Big 3 to go broke, or keeping my pennies in a jar at home is causing the banking industry to go broke and not using my credit card is causing the credit crisis.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey this is just one more i know you are talking about, sorry about your demise. i know what i will do if ever i catch someone messing with my stuff hope you get the no good sobs........good luck.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts