Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day #1...Hit the water Thanksgiving morning with my Ol' Buddy John pearce....arrived to a water temp of 48*...
Worked our way over to breezy pt....no bird action there so we ran the 30ft contour south.....there they were....Loads and loads of birds....as far as the eye could see there were pods of birds....all the way to the Gas Docks....I think we worked under every bird there.........:D

Had a steady pick of fish the whole day...ended up with over 150 fish....biggest keeper at 30"....Lots of 24-25" fish...so it was a nice bite with some great pullage...
JP had a nice fish on around noon...real drag screamer....came to the top right away....boat was about 10ft from the boat...I reached back for the net..easily a Mid 30's fish....fish popped his head up...JP said "He's not hooked very good"....
Fish gave JP the "finger" and spit the hook...:D

Day#2...Uncle Phil joined JP and myself...hit the same area....we ran all over I mean all over....smaller pods of birds but lots of action...best we could do today was a solid 27".....lots of 18-20" fish..I mean over 100....not the same grade as the day before..
Water temp was the same 48*....
We did manage a few mid 20 fish...
But Gents..unless you want to troll I think it's time to head South...
I think the cold snap last week moved the fish South....there's still a few straggler's left behind but I think you need to troll to catch them consistently....NO thanks...:helpsmilie:
If you want a limit of 18-20" fish it should take about ten minutes...

In the afternoon....we had the idea..Let's hit the "Rips"....one boat was already there....we fished it for an hour or so...mostly 18-20" fish...:eek:
By the time we left there were 12 boats there!.....

My next report may be from the promised land....
Phil and JP had a blast!..........:clapping2:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Promised Land that sounds good to me lets go.:D

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Another fine day!

Thanks again! Friday was a fine day with fish at every stop. I know the grade wasn't what you were hoping for, but all of the fish were fat and spunky and many were loaded with sea lice. Very nice LTJ pullage. A thought more than a few of my 16"ers were keepers or the 20s were 24+ at first. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to fishin' with you guys again (if not just to hear the stories! :D). :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thanks for reporting, Jamie. The rips was a nightmare yesterday. Running engines, boats doing doughnuts in the rip and running back and forth all the time. Duh... wonder why it was only little fish! I really don't understand why people don't get the importance of stealthy fishing. Very frustrating. I think there's still some better fish around, just too much activity this weekend. Glad you had a good day, Thursday. Sounds like that was the day to fish.

·
Registered
913 Posts
HJS and I got there at the tail end of the action. We caught a lot of fish casting and LTJ, but most were under 18".

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
WTG guys, I was planning on going to the CBBT in a couple weeks but it doesn't sound like theres a lot of fish there yet, I think theres more up the chessy right now

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Nice report Jamie.

Did the same thing today. Jigged on those fish coming out of the gas docks, and then hit the rips. Similiar reults.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sweet catchin guys. I think like you said next report from the promise land.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zam...I think the chances of LTJing a better grade are definitely better at CBBT....
Francis....where ya been?...Oh I saw you have 235 rod holders.....:D Thats some good stuff.......:thumbup:
RogerT...Thanks...they are going to get better...(hopefully)
Hdrunk...thanks
Chris....For sure.......

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As of right now Andy.. No...dropped my boat off at tristsate Sat for 200 hour service........No ride........:eek2:

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
You best leave them small Rock alone.One of the big girls is going to leave the deep and come in shallow and steal all your line :D.

While you Parker is at Tri-State you might want them to check her for hull cracks- it was right choppy yesterday for a Parker :pp:pp.

I got an open spot for Wednesday if you want to battle a big fish :yes:.Hell ,I'll even slow the boat down for you :D.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
As of right now Andy.. No...dropped my boat off at tristsate Sat for 200 hour service........No ride........:eek2:[/QUOT

--I thought it was you Isaw in the Village going arouund the Circle --Ya know our bills are less if ya go around Twice --you know all mechanics are named "Bill" --Theres" Little Bill" & there is " Big Bill " Then again Tri state has" Fair Bill "--geo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts