Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I got out both days this weekend. Saturday I moved my boat in the water and hit the RIPS for about an hour. Not a fish, not a tap, do not waste your time.

Sunday I did a little bit different trip. I went out with my buddy on Nanjemoy on his Tracker for some yellow perch. It was very windy, and some of the turns were in the wind and some were not. We fished some jigs tipped with minnows and did pretty good on the yellow perch though not great. All in all a more enjoyable day of fishing than the rips would have been, especially with the wind.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I heard thru the grape vines (Phil) that you had a rough day at the rips; it’s been a little tough there at late. Looks like you and your buddy had a decent day catching some YP thanks for the report.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Francis, Glad you found some fish on Sunday after your day on Sat. Honest I was doing 80 when you say me in the left lane, I don't think I was holding anyone up.:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
CCNPP has 1 unit off line for an refueling outage - so the "normal" rate of discharge is cut in half.

Just checked the plant parameters and the intake is 36.8 degrees (f) and outlet temp is 47.1 degrees (f). That's pretty cold!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryka,
Do you work there? Do you have a cell phone? Do want to go on a date :)

Honestly though if you work there I have lots of questions I would like to ask you. I would be more than willing to take you out fishing several times (when it gets good of course) for some technical answers!

·
Premium Member
26,136 Posts
Francis-I did alot of pipe insulation at CCNP years ago.Really wild how it all works.Basic idea is a giant hot water heater.The bay is drawn in through 6' dia. pipes.

Last week when we tried my dad said the flow seemed differant.With one side down for the outage -that makes sense why the outflow is still cold.

A friend of mine saw FRESH herring at a fish market in DC yesterday.Won't be long now.:)) :)) Skip

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Ryka,
Do you work there? Do you have a cell phone? Do want to go on a date :)

Honestly though if you work there I have lots of questions I would like to ask you. I would be more than willing to take you out fishing several times (when it gets good of course) for some technical answers!
Francis, I always knew you were a "HO"!.......:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts