Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watched the crappy weather all day long hoping it would let up for an evening hunt. about 4 oclock the rain had stopped but the wind was still whippin i said screw it im hunting. went to my spot and on the way to the stand there was 3 deer in the field i needed to cross to enter the woods.i was looking for a particular buck but figured with the weather the way its been ill just try for a doe. ranged the biggest one and got a solid rest and bang down she went. 267 yrds. farthest ive ever shot a deer. the other deer that was withy her started running right towards me so in goes another shell in the 300 win mag. bang down goes another. after that the 3rd deer ran into the woods. both nice mature does . farmer was happy i was taking does since he looses alot in his crops every year. never shot 2 deer back 2 back before or ever out that far or even with my 300 mag so i am pretty pumped. just wanted to share my expierience with you all . time to go make some sausage. happy hunting

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good job.... that range is well within the 300mag reach..... Last deer I shot with the 300winmag I caught just behind the front shoulder, she was brused beyond belief on her entire front end..... and the exit side was no good, hell it was already ground for burger before she hit the ground... :) guess the 220gr slug was a bit much for thin skinned game, heehee.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.