Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent brothers,
Seems like I've been making boat payments for 100 years now. I just ripped out this months payment cupon and realized I still have 2 years & 2 months till I'm paid off. Then I'll have no more payments, but; I'll have an old boat with out of date technology. Sometimes you just can't win.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,747 Posts
Click on Links Below:Tom Hughes Guide ServiceClick on Links Below:
2/17 & 2/24 Lecture Series-Hunt ValleyFull TimeSusquehanna Flats
3/3-Combined Seminar-Dundalk (Trolling, Bottom Bouncing, Light Tackle & Fly Fishing)Light Tackle & Fly Fishing Guide2006 Photos

Graybeard: The fish do not care how old your boat is...if it still floats you should be able to catch fish!

Booking Trips on the Susquehanna Flats

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
GB-

You have a lot of life in that rig. I bet there are many fewer hrs on your motor than mine at 970. I consider my motor just about broken in with a long way to go.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Get Rid Of It

GB, you really need to get rid of that old worn out POS and get you a brand new one with that guaranteed feesh catching technology built in. Oh, and they come with a brand new payment book to :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
our eminence.... i have found, that with a boat, not much unlike a woman, you really NEVER get finished paying for it...ever! if it tain't a monthly payment, it will be something else. so, suck up, and lay that cash out, forever!!!see why i say it's very similar to keeping a woman?/

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Coupon book for the "Ex"

$1200 per month for 2 children plus there was rehabilitave alimony for $350 for a while. A mere $1550 per month CASH.

While I do not object to paying child support, I do object to how she has taught them to hate their father.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A paid off boat has to be a good thing considering the extraneous expenses as we all know very well. Graybeard, I think I have about 3 yrs on my boat loan and with 2 kids heading to college a new boat isn't in the works.. Take care of her and she'll return the favor. That payment won't look so bad come spring ;-)

One nice thing about not having a note is if you have the misfortune of filing an insurance claim.. they will write the check to you as opposed to including the note holder.. ( which makes cashing it a PITA )

·
Registered
272 Posts
GB, Looks like its time to get off that wallet & move up at least 2' !

·
Registered
858 Posts
One of the reasons I am glad I have a brother...we save our pennies for a few years, put money in a bank account when bonuses happen, and afer about 5-6 years, we are ready to upgrade boats....with cash. Feels good to hitch up a brand new boat free and clear from the dealer.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Our Parker's been paid off for a long time, still looks good, and would prob take 2X or more the original price to replace her. On her second trailer, third new bimini, some updated electronics lately, and still powered by original 2-stroke Yammie, she's gonna float us for as long as she's able. Besides that, the fish know her undersides well enough now that they've become more and more anxious to see her topside every time out!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Kevin, your's is the only boat I've seen that gets younger each time I see her. I need to learn that trick.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eminent brothers,
Looking at my finances I couldn't even afford my boat if I tried to buy it today. It was as much boat as I could afford when I got it and a big step up from what I had. But I got the 2' foot syndrome....where you just want a boat that's 2 foot bigger, with a 4-stroke and an engine bracket and a side steering station and a...........Too bad I was born handsom rather then rich

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yea, but if Parker came out with a pink or red model I'd bet our most venerable brother Greybeard would be making his down payment tomorrow:D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I only have 15 years to go on my new boat.. And I am still waiting on that first payment book.
It will paid off in three years I am sure. ;) I hope. Maybe five years.. Ok how about eight years.. the point is a 34k boat after 15 years costs only 60k with interest. I hate truth in lending paperwork.
GB treasure wait you have till it will no longer do what you need it to do. Affix the stamp and send it in. Then look for the next improvement upgrade for your Parker.. They do make steering units for the back.

Capt Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts