Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one day last week I get home from work, and the Mrs. mentioned that dinner was going to be ready in 20 minutes........so I got to thinking......which is usually not a good thing.

There's a creek about 5 minutes from the house, it's 35 degrees outside and windy, and it's been a while since I've wet a line......hmm.....

I tell MLB (that means My Lovely Bride for those acronym challenged, lol) that I'll see her in 20 minutes - so while still in my work clothes, I grab 2 rods and bolt out of the door.

Arrive at the creek in 4 minutes and instantly step in a mushy mud hole while still in my dress shoes....not good.

1st cast and WHAM! Yaaay!!! A pretty trout - for tomorrow night's dinner. I go to remove the hook, and it's waayyyy down the gullet. Had to break it off.

Booo!!!

No time to tie something else on, so I grab the second rod. 2nd cast and WHAM! Another hungry trout.

I'm thinking I must be dreaming.....2 fish in 3 casts. Wouldn't it be great to limit out in just 10 minutes of fishing?

So I'm way too excited on the next cast......which of course resulted in birds nest from hell.

I grab my 2 fish and head home, and made it in the door in 20 minutes.

Guess that goes to show that once in a great while, those "wild hair" ideas do pan out.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Sweet report! Congratulations on landing a couple tasty fish! You just may have inspired me to break a rod out this weekend so I can try and scare up a largemouth at my neighborhood pond...

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Hey Tim, Man what a great report and your right those spur of the miniute trips sometimes pay off. WTG and I guess you'll be fixin dinner tonight.

By the wya I sure hope you took your shoes off before you went in the house LOL....

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Looks like stocked Rainbows to me.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
So one day last week I get home from work, and the Mrs. mentioned that dinner was going to be ready in 20 minutes........so I got to thinking......which is usually not a good thing.

There's a creek about 5 minutes from the house, it's 35 degrees outside and windy, and it's been a while since I've wet a line......hmm.....

I tell MLB (that means My Lovely Bride for those acronym challenged, lol) that I'll see her in 20 minutes - so while still in my work clothes, I grab 2 rods and bolt out of the door.

Arrive at the creek in 4 minutes and instantly step in a mushy mud hole while still in my dress shoes....not good.

1st cast and WHAM! Yaaay!!! A pretty trout - for tomorrow night's dinner. I go to remove the hook, and it's waayyyy down the gullet. Had to break it off.

Booo!!!

No time to tie something else on, so I grab the second rod. 2nd cast and WHAM! Another hungry trout.

I'm thinking I must be dreaming.....2 fish in 3 casts. Wouldn't it be great to limit out in just 10 minutes of fishing?

So I'm way too excited on the next cast......which of course resulted in birds nest from hell.

I grab my 2 fish and head home, and made it in the door in 20 minutes.

Guess that goes to show that once in a great while, those "wild hair" ideas do pan out.

Tim
You wore the Right Schoes, no felt waders Because of Flesh Wasteing Disease --MMMMMMMMMMM

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
WTG Tim.

You done good son! Oh Son.................

I wonder what Karl did Friday at Ocq?

Ill come up and fish that stream with ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts