Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our new state fish. You guys are gonna love this picture . Anyway,on another note, I left the dock this morning to go crabbing. About a 1/4 mile from the dock the engine light comes on and the motor runs rough. I turned back to the dock because it was 7 mile to my favorite crabbing spot . The motor conked out. I restarted it and it it ran great back at the dock? I'm checking it out now and if it runs ok I'll go crabbing next week Tuesday maybe but I'll mount my kicker motor just in case . Now for our new , upper bay , future trophy fish Upper Bay Fishing Reports | FishTalk Magazine I had one tow me around for a half hour in my kayak last week in the Gunpowder . I couldn't get it off the bottom to get a look at it but I was glad the hook came out finally. Like them or not, they're here forever . I think they ate what was left of the Snakeheads? The Chesapeake is now the new Mississippi river . Mark Twain ,Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer would have loved it. Catch m up.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,701 Posts
Sorry to hear about your motor. Hope it can be fixed.

Reactions: Capt.Nick

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Going to be interesting with Blue cats in next few years. This spring 10 lbers were common. I bet next year 20 lbers will be around in numbers.

I bet by 2025 - we will see some around 50 lbs , these things grow fast.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to be interesting with Blue cats in next few years. This spring 10 lbers were common. I bet next year 20 lbers will be around in numbers.

I bet by 2025 - we will see some around 50 lbs , these things grow fast.
Yep They're just going to keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger . Many 30# rs have been caught in the tidal Susquehanna river this year already .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our new state fish. You guys are gonna love this picture . Anyway,on another note, I left the dock this morning to go crabbing. About a 1/4 mile from the dock the engine light comes on and the motor runs rough. I turned back to the dock because it was 7 mile to my favorite crabbing spot . The motor conked out. I restarted it and it it ran great back at the dock? I'm checking it out now and if it runs ok I'll go crabbing next week Tuesday maybe but I'll mount my kicker motor just in case . Now for our new , upper bay , future trophy fish Upper Bay Fishing Reports | FishTalk Magazine I had one tow me around for a half hour in my kayak last week in the Gunpowder . I couldn't get it off the bottom to get a look at it but I was glad the hook came out finally. Like them or not, they're here forever . I think they ate what was left of the Snakeheads? The Chesapeake is now the new Mississippi river . Mark Twain ,Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer would have loved it. Catch m up.
Were you going slow when it died? Had a 6hp engine that conked out when I was crabbing. Ran fine wot. Impeller was worn down. Wasn’t picking up enough water at slow idle. It overheated. Put in a new impeller and ran great. Hopefully it’s something simple.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear about your motor. Hope it can be fixed.
Were you going slow when it died? Had a 6hp engine that conked out when I was crabbing. Ran fine wot. Impeller was worn down. Wasn’t picking up enough water at slow idle. It overheated. Put in a new impeller and ran great. Hopefully it’s something simple.
Yes under 6 mph . It started to idle rough so I turned around and limped back to the landing where it conked out and then when I started it up it ran fine. I checked the oil and it was full. I will check the lower unit oil next .I'll run it next week an put the kicker motor on just in case and run it around close to the dock for awhile before I run the 7 miles out first. It's a 2015 20 hp 4st. zuke . It has low hrs. on it. If it acts up again I'll take it to the zuke dealer .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes under 6 mph . It started to idle rough so I turned around and limped back to the landing where it conked out and then when I started it up it ran fine. I checked the oil and it was full. I will check the lower unit oil next .I'll run it next week an put the kicker motor on just in case and run it around close to the dock for awhile before I run the 7 miles out first. It's a 2015 20 hp 4st. zuke . It has low hrs. on it. If it acts up again I'll take it to the zuke dealer .
Was it pissing a good stream or didn’t you notice?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have be amazed several times this year slinging paddletales while targeting Rock, I ended up with large Cats. Slamming the lures during a fast retrieve. I always thought they hugged the bottom fat and lazy so to speak..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I used to have a Suzuki df70 that would over heat sometimes. A friend of mine suggested changing all the filters, even the one in the high pressure fuel pump. I cured the problem. Don’t ask me how or why.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I have be amazed several times this year slinging paddletales while targeting Rock, I ended up with large Cats. Slamming the lures during a fast retrieve. I always thought they hugged the bottom fat and lazy so to speak..
Blue catfish eat mostly vegetation when they are small but change to eating fish as they get bigger and feed the entire water column. They are very aggressive feeders...... Gary

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blue catfish eat mostly vegetation when they are small but change to eating fish as they get bigger and feed the entire water column. They are very aggressive feeders...... Gary
So are Channel Catfish .

·
Registered
42 Posts
same results a couples years ago eeling in sept. along Pooles island. (smaller blues 5-8lb.) Used to be awesome spot to eel for stripers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts