Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2002 Seapro 190CC with a 130hp Yamaha. Water is coming in from where the line hooks up for the washdown. It's not coming in as hard as if you cut the washdown on but it's coming in pretty good when you are at wot. Anybody ever had this problem before and if so is it a simple fix? Please help me if you have some info.

Thanks...

Tony

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tony,
What is wot? Does water come in when you are sitting still? If it is just when boat is under way, is the cap screwed on tight? I have a 2300 bay boat after 5 years just noticed this past summer while underway, one of my live wells was full of water and pump was off. When I turned the valve inside to shut it off, I had no more problems. Actually it is a good thing if it is suppose to work that way because you will always have fresh circulating water in the wells without having to have pump on.
Just what I have noticed. Based on this, I suppose if the screw on cap is not tight on washdown, you would get water coming through. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big K., I checked to see if the "cap" was tight and I was able to turn it a little more than a 1/4 turn. Don't know if this is enough to make a difference. If I'm sitting still with the motor at idle no water will come in but, at 5000 rpms the water is coming in hard. Not as bad as if you hit the washdown switch but it flows pretty freely. I might just have to buy that connection and replace it where the hose snaps into the side of the boat for the washdown feature. Before it would sometimes stick open and I could just tap it or turn it and the water would stop, so I'll start there. Thanks for your feedback.

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had that in ours. The cause was that when still at the dealer water had frozen in the washdown pump and cracked it. We bypassed the washdown until the season ended and replaced the pump last week, under warranty, and that solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts