Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a boat with this motor and would appreciate some feedback from owners.I see a bunch of them when on the water.Reliability and maintanence costs would be helpful since i've always had 2 strokes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Absolutely nothing to worry about with that motor. Consistantly rates among the top two (Suzuki the other) outboards out there.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have a 2003 F225 on my 22' Sea Pro and absolutely love it. I run it offshore and it has been very reliable. I do the routine matenience every 100hrs and have abuot 600 hrs. Did have a fuel pump go up under warranty but I figure that was related to the ethanol switch. I run the boat all year long and the motor starts great every time even when it's below freezing.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've got 2230 hours on my 2003 F-200 Yammy. I believe it's about the same as the 225 except for a few horses. I do routine stuff and it just keeps on tick'in.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got 2230 hours on my 2003 F-200 Yammy. I believe it's about the same as the 225 except for a few horses. I do routine stuff and it just keeps on tick'in.
hi pete this is the cbbt rookie whose boat you fished on last fall,I'm in the process of upgrading my boat and equipment.I'm sure i'll see ya down there shortly. Rick

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Super motor, 2000+ trouble free hrs on a pair, make sure throttle linkage and cowling recalls have been done if applicable. The maintenance can be a little high, but its super easy to do yourself. Other than the 250 and 300 HPDIs, Yammis are a no brainer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I run a F225 on my 2002- 2510 Parker Walk Around and have about 750 hours, no issues at all.

I just bought 6 quarts of oil, oil filter, gallon of lower gear oil (Good for a few changes) and a 10 micron water sep. filter, total $127.00.

What boat is the F225 going to be on?

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Only had my F225 for 2 years now....awesome motor...dependability is the key....got about 215 hours on it....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts