Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the green light from the wife and drove it for the weekend. Need to make a final decision. Managed 16 mpg from silver spring to BWI which wasn't as bad as i thought for the v8. It has nvigation, dvd, crew cab (LE). Looking to tow a 21 foot walk around. Have been using an MDX rated at only 4500 lbs to drop it in and out at breezy but would like to do some more towing this winter. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Buy it

I bought an 06 last year and couldn't be happier. Bought on the recommendation of friend who was on his second after putting 200k on his first. Tows my 20 ft proline like it isnt even there . Comfy and roomy, fast for a truck, plenty of room in the back seat for adults, low maintenance, I just dont have enough good things to say..

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I've got 65,000 on my 06 w/out any problems. Love this truck :thumbup:................

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an 04 crew cab and I tow my 21' Contender all around the eastern shore with it and no troubles!

If it is an 04 just make sure all the recalls have been taken care of IE. the brakes and the slip differential(sp) I had issues with them but they replaced and fixed them without issue.

Other than that I love mine!

Jay

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear...I can buy it from a wholesaler for about 15,500 inspected with 60K miles. I figure I can't get hurt too bad unless something major goes wrong. Thanks for the replies. Crew Cab for my 3 boys when necessary.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have and 06' armada basically the same thing. I tow a 25 foot cobia express about 7500lbs. I feel it back there but not a problem for her. I don't even know if you will feel your boat!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have an '04 crew cab that I bought new and now have 108,000+ on it. I have really enjoyed (probably more than any vehicle I have owned). I used to tow my 2300Se Parker with ease. I even towed a 27" Grady once and she really impressed me with how well she handled the more than 10,000 behind her. I think it's a good move. Best of luck to you.

Boatron
P.S.
I average about 16 1/3 MPG driving from my home in Centreville to Deale every day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On 04 - 03/05 check if rear seals on both side are high and dry. Just take a look by the rear brakes on the back side to see if any oil leaks. Get 05 or later with bigger rear center window.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have to give serious consideration to the Silverado that Russ D. has for sale in one of the replies above. I have a few friends with Titans and the only complaint I hear from them is the gas mileage, but i think that is a common complaint with any truck owner.

Ricky T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts