Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have been anxiously awaiting the 2007 regulations, here they are:

You may keep one fish per person from 28" to 35" or one fish 41" or over.

Everything 35" to 41" will be returned to the water in as safe as manner as possible.

Before you ask, "Is a 35" exactly a keeper or a throwback? " I can't answer that question right now.

Captain Wayne

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Thanks Capt Wayne.. Almost every fish I caught last year was 36 or over, I guess maybe going deeper, you might get some smaller ones.. Or hopefully since its later in the year already, smaller onces will be around. 41 and bigger would be nice, but for eating, I would rather have the smaller ones. :yes:

Ken

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Food for thought. Of the 149 rockfish I caught in trophy season last year, 87 would have to be released this year. If all of the fish grow 3" from last year to this year, then 105 of them will go back this year. 7 out of 10 fish will be released.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Wayne, Showing those numbers really make a difference with the new regs. One other thing to think about, you'll probably have to extend the time of the trip to get more in the box. Meaning, no more "done at 8:30am"!

Just another fishing challenge, we'll all get through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts