Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we close the books on the 2008 canyon season by putting the first giant tuna in the boat up in Chatham on our 48' Viking (See Pictures Below - She was 650- pounds whole) we want to drop a note off to all of our 2008 canyon charters and give them a big thank you for riding out what was can only be described as a Tale of Two Seasons. In these tough economic times I couldn't think of a better way to thank our charters than to offer them a FREE Giant Tuna Trip so please read below.

Our 2008 Canyon Season saw us run 100 trips to the edge (including 85 overnighters) on both our boats. It saw us have the best yellowfin trolling action in the past 20 years with 600 yellowfin (80% over 40-pounds) in just 35 trips in June and July. It saw us catch another dozen plus big-eyes including 3 big-eyes over 200 pounds and tons of swords. It saw us win close to $100,000 by placing an 80.5# white marlin in the top three at the White Marlin Open and placing in the money at the Mid-Atlantic $500,000 with a yellowfin.

Unfortunately, as we all know, it also saw what will go down as one of the worst chunking seasons ever. Not only did August and September see the yellowfin trolling die out, it never saw a chunking bite turn on. We ended up canceling 20 canyon charters in August and September due to lack of fish and our refusal to just take our customers out for an expensive boat ride. Luckily we found a few longfin and plenty of swords to finish up in October with some action but nothing like we'd expect.

So for working thru what was one of the toughest canyon seasons we are giving a little back to our 2008 charters by offering up a FREE giant tuna trip down in Morehead City anytime in December or January. To avoid hundreds of phones calls to all the guys that fished with us this year I was hoping a bunch of folks that came with us in 2008 read this and give me a call. Additionally, if anyone on this website knows anyone that fished with us this year but is not on this site please let them know.

Finally, I want to thank each and every member of this website for your positive comments and responses over the past year. I look forward to posting a whole bunch of giant tuna pictures over the next couple months if the season shapes up. Here are a few pictures of the fish we put in the boat up in Chatham.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Very nice...try not to rub it in on us VA guys that you trolled up 600 Yellowfins!!! (just kidding as I'm sure you know our Yellowfin season SUCKED)

Nice work on all of your charters. You boys certainly know how to throw down!

Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts