Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Started off slow, but improved as we went along. First fishing foray was to Fort DeSoto Park near St Petersberg in early March. Wife and I rented a small camper and spent a lovely week of fishin' and just foolin' around. Here is one picture of wifey with a Redfish.

I don't know if that picture came through came through or not.

The next try at capturing some fish to fry came in May at Pokomoke State Park, Shad Landing. The guys and I spent several days catchin' Bass, Crappies, Perch, Catfish, and Pickerel. Here goes another try.

Okay, that came through, A nice spawning Bass on its bed. Got the wife's picture too, but out of order.

Anyway, then came time to get the bay boat out. We spent many very productive Summer afternoons and evenings out on Eastern Bay bottom fishing catching a mixed bag of Perch, Croaker, Spot, Blues and Rock here are a couple of pics at the cleaning table. Don't be frightened by the guy doing the scaling.

Then we took our anual trip to the finger Lakes in New York to try for Lake Trout in September. The trout were cooperative, but not huge.

Ah, but then came Rocktober and Rockvember on Eastern Bay. Three trips in a row we scored big jigging.

Finally in December we trecked dwn to the OBX for a little surf fishing. Shoudda gone to CBBT, but what the heck! In the surf we got one decent Puppy Drum, but mostly we got Dog Sharks. About 20 of 'em. We caught so many we started to look like them.

Tha, tha, tha, that's all folks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like you had a fun year Captain. We might've crossed paths down on the Pocomoke. I was camping and fishing with some friends May 21 through 26. Shad Landing has really become a magical place for us and I guess after 5 years of going there every spring we can finally declare it a "tradition."

The Crappie fishing was absolutely outstanding there this year. It was so good that I didn't feel guilty about keeping and deep frying a few whiler we were there.

So the next time you're there in the spring, look for a tall guy cramped in a red 15' Cajun bass boat with an 85hp Yamaha on the back. Come say hi and I'll have a cold beer for ya.

·
Registered
451 Posts
yea man, I spent many a day and buckets of shrimp waist deep at Fort DeSoto... I prefer Muigs-N-Jugs....Clearwater style. Oh.... and I have an uncle that teaches Physics at Hobart and William Smith... so we both are familiar with the finger lakes.....

Happy New Year...

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Thanks for this "year in review" report - I always enjoy reading them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts