Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Mariners 5am. Engine started fine after an ordeal last month, throttle jammed and fuel leak. Heading out the channel the GPS shuts off, wtf. Circle back around and both DF and GPS shut off :censored:. DF comes back on and head blind in the dark. GPS finally comes back on after I get to RR bridge, sh$t, don't need it now, I can see. Head to some top water spots, nada. Only excitement was engine not restarting after a drift with rocks approaching:censored:. Went to Pooles for topwater, 6:30ish by now and drift. Shoreline approaching and engine won't start :censored:. Finally started and decided not to shut down again. Moved around the Lumps, MOW and HM but couldn't find a legal rock. Found plenty of fat perch 11-12" and schoolie rock. Engine idling like **** and headed in about 11:00. Got to ramp at 6 knots, hit neutral, engine dies:eek:, engine restarted just after I hit the pier :censored:. During the ride home there was fuel/oil mix all over the boat (I premix). Pump up bulb and fuel spills from two carbs. Pulled all carbs, set floats and replaced needles. Pumped up fuel system and tilted engine before bolting down carbs. Enrichment circuit dumping fuel. Unplugged. Engine dumped piles of sludge in the driveway, never seen such a mess. Put batts on charge since I wore them down, got zapped touching engine :censored:. Played some more and bottom carb spilled fuel when tilting engine. My 22yo engine may be done, but it wasn't supposed to die until I paided off my new bike. Looks like my canoe will be getting a workout now. The wife hasn't seen the pile of oil sludge in the driveway yet, I'm in deep sh$t when she see's it.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Bob sorry to hear about your Engine dilema.Carbs are probably worn out from you r and r'ing them so many times!:D"Shockingly" it sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere.:DYou're welcome on my Boat........as long as you don't mind runnin'!:D

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
sorry to hear of your troubles, Bob.
at least it got you home without a tow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts