Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All right Ladies and Gentleman let the games begin! Here is the first draft of the 2009 SRRKC Tournament Calendar. The dates mirror what we did in 2008 but I have labeled them tentative. If we have enough members that want/need to move a date we have been pretty flexible in the past and can take a vote if needed. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer to be a coordinator for a specific event! Happy fishing!

Mark

2009 Tournament Calendar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) PICKEREL DERBY

Dates: January 1 - March 15
Type: 2.5-Month; Catch & Release only; Post photo showing length (20 inch minimum to make the leader board)
Entry Fee: $10 / person
Prizes:
1. Single Longest Pickerel: 40% Greg Millenburg
2. Longest Aggregate of 3: 40% Tie: Deadlowtide & Randy
3. SRRKC Fund: 20%
Tournament Coordinator: attml
Leaderboard Guru: FishingRod

2) SPRING ROCKFISH RUCKUS

Date: Saturday, April 25th (tentative)
Type: One Day; Bring fish or photo showing length
Prizes:
1. Single Longest Rockfish: 60% Billy "Get the Net" - 44" Rockfish
2. Second Longest Rockfish: 20% Brain (John's son) - 38.5" Rockfish
Tournament Coordinator: 27 Sailfish (Skip)
VHF Channel: 78
Weigh-in Time: 3:00
Weigh-in Location: Lake Ogleton

3) SUMMER KICK-OFF CLASSIC

Date: Saturday, June 20th (tentative)
Type: One Day; Bring fish or photo showing length
Northern Boundary: Love Point - Baltimore Light
Southern Boundary: Bloody Point - Thomas Point
Prizes:
1. Single Longest Rockfish: 50%
2. Single Longest White Perch: 20%
3. Open (by vote): 10%
4. SRRKC Fund: 20%
Tournament Coordinator: TBD
Weigh-in Time: Start: 1:00; Cut-off: 2:00
Weigh-in Location: Weems Creek

4) WHITE PERCH OPEN

Date: August
Type: Month-long; Post photo showing length
Entry Fee: $10 per person; $25 per family (husband, wife and your children)
Prizes:
1. Single Longest White Perch: 50%
2. Longest Aggregate of 3: 30%
Tournament Coordinator: Goose 70 (Jeff)
Leaderboard Guru: FishingRod

5) END-OF-SUMMER SHOOTOUT vs. UBBBz

Date: Saturday, September 19th (tentative)
Type: One Day; Bring Fish to Weigh-in
Prizes:
1. Longest Aggregate of 3 Rockfish (from entire team): Trophy
2. Single Longest Rockfish: 50%
3. Single Longest Bluefish: 20%
4. Single Longest White Perch: 10%
5. Donation to Wish-A-Fish: 20%
Tournament Coordinator: Mark "Attml"
Weigh-in Time: 2:00pm
Weigh-in Location: Deep Creek Marina

6) RUMBLE ON THE RIVER

Date: Saturday, October 17th (tentative)
Type: One Day; Bring fish or photo to weigh-in
Prizes:
2. Single Longest White Perch: 20%
3. Open (by vote): 10%
4. SRRKC Fund: 20% -
Tournament Coordinator: Evans "Big E"
Weigh-in Time: 1-2pm
Weigh-in Location: Weems Creek

7) ROCKTOBER-FEST TOURNAMENT

Dates: October
Type: Month-long; Post photo showing length
Prizes:
2. Longest Aggregate of 3
Tournament Coordinator: Evans "Big E"
Leaderboard Guru: Fishing Rod

Severn River Demarcation Line: Tolly Point (land) to Hacketts Point (land) - includes Whitehall Bay and tributaries

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Dang, Mark. You are taking your VP duties seriously. That is some good organizational planning and communication.

Having said that, when I saw the word "calendar" in your post, I immediately thought of Dr. Julie's fisherwoman calendar, or possible a SRRKC thong calendar. Think of the possibilities!:devil2:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Hey Mark I will be tourney coodinator for the Rocktoberfest tourney. Also guys I know this might be a stretch but since our Spring tourney is catch and release would anyone be interested in having it DURING C&R season? We might drum up some serious participation being as there wouldn't be any other tourneys occuring. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Evans

·
Registered
424 Posts
Here's another thought. How about a 1-day tourney sometime during the Pickerel Derby? It would give us a chance for an early season raft-up.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Or skate-up?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Oooooh. The SRRKC's first ever Ice Fishing Derby!!!

I'll bring the beer...
You'd have to give me plenty of those before a took any step on the ice around these parts. Though I will say I'm no stranger to the icy spring waters of the Severn.... eh Larry//Clany:D:D

-Evans

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yeah... Big E has been known to jump right out of the boat into icy waters in the dead of winter for no apparent reason... I saw it with my own two eyes!

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some quick updates:

Some great ideas in this thread!! We can discuss them more at the first meeting of the year! I will bring a copy of this thread so we don't miss anything.

Good news! Rod, "Fishing Rod", has agreed to manage our tournament leaderboards again this year. In the interest of making it easier to manage for Rod we are going to institute a 20 inch minimum for the Pickeral tournament in order for your fish to be added to the leaderboard. The top 15 fish last year were all above 20 inches so that should not affect the length of the leaderboard much but it will save some work for Rod. As always, please still post pictures of all of your fish under and over 20 inches so we can get an accurate representation of how many fish are being caught ( just the overs will make it onto the leaderboard).

We are still looking for volunteers to be tournament coordinators for the 2009 season. If you have never done it and would like to give it a shot we will be glad to assist and give guidance! Since I have had my shots I willl handle the SRRKC vs UBBB Tournament again this year (since we all know Burgess bites!)

Happy Holidays and happy fishing!!

Mark

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Some quick updates:

Some great ideas in this thread!! We can discuss them more at the first meeting of the year! I will bring a copy of this thread so we don't miss anything.

Good news! Rod, "Fishing Rod", has agreed to manage our tournament leaderboards again this year. In the interest of making it easier to manage for Rod we are going to institute a 20 inch minimum for the Pickeral tournament in order for your fish to be added to the leaderboard. The top 15 fish last year were all above 20 inches so that should not affect the length of the leaderboard much but it will save some work for Rod. As always, please still post pictures of all of your fish under and over 20 inches so we can get an accurate representation of how many fish are being caught ( just the overs will make it onto the leaderboard).

We are still looking for volunteers to be tournament coordinators for the 2009 season. If you have never done it and would like to give it a shot we will be glad to assist and give guidance! Since I have had my shots I willl handle the SRRKC vs UBBB Tournament again this year (since we all know Burgess bites!)
Only when provoked :D:D Maybe we should do something different this year
Happy Holidays and happy fishing!! Can we get a smaller trophy this year we can't keep building on to out Club House at the Landing Strip :clapping2::clapping2::clap::D:eek2:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts