Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big idea for me this year was LTJ...trolling sucked for me and my buddies so it gave me even more reason to keep practicing my LTJ skills. Attached a montage of images that go clockwise in chron order from top left corner.
First pics are my buddy Mark (merogers) on opening day at an undisclosed location. We moved the boat to a slip at CB for a month thinking that would give us more time on the water for the Spring Trophy season but most of my fishing ops were blown out anyway doh. Once I moved the boat back down to Buzz's things picked up, but in hindsight Mother Nature was probably trying to give me a clue when the birds built a nest in my T Top. More windy days kept me off the water and just when I thought the croakers would be hitting hard and heavy they were mixed with more toadies and puffers than I've ever seen! Croakers ran big and LTJ for rockfish was good late in the spring. Got more friends and family out over the summer including Mark's son Derek--a true fisherman already at 6 who didn't complain once about trolling and had a blast loading the livewell with spot for LLing.:clapping2: Jigged some nice blues late in the summer and early fall but couldn't get a limit on Spanish this year. They were bigger than last year's but the run just seemed off. Fall trolling was disastrous for us, but LTJ in the PLO area was outrageous up through December when the bitter cold sent the rockfish running south. Saw some of the biggest bird shows and beehives of gannets down there this year. Even though the big fish never showed for us this fall, I think it was a blessing in disguise because of the hours I spent on LTJ. Last pic is buddies Travis and Rob--one with the biggest on the last day of the season and the other with the smallest. So far for 2011 LTJ is looking good...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Nice photos - love the bird nest. Seen a few on my boat but they were on a reel.

Hopefully 2011 gives you plenty of calm days.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
forgot a couple

Here's a shot of our all-time [email protected]#$ mess and me with the flounda that I called out. One of Dave with his just short flounda that day too. And finally one of those "sugar toads" that we caught and didn't know were supposed to be tasty. Won't make that mistake next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skip: Check out the bird's nest in Mark's reply. Forgot about that one! We got our fish that day but man what a mess.
Mark: I believe that [email protected]#$ was the last day of our Spring season wasn't it? Now that was a first (flipping a board in snotty seas) I hope to never repeat. Thanks for adding to the pics. glad you had one of Dave in the archives since he got to fish with us so much more this year. I wonder if I can LTJ some of those sugar toads this summer? Definitely want to see how they taste (after you...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts