Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the VMRC site it says it was updated in January 2011 but when I looked at Flounder it still says "2010" with 4 fish x 18.5". Is this actually the 2011 regulation for flounder or has it even been made official yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ken. I wish they would have gone with 18"...I hate fractions when it comes to size limits. I guess on a positive note I can finally catch a keeper!:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's a shame. They should have put at 18 or 18.5. At 17.5 everybody will be limiting out all summer. What happens next year when we go over quota? Are they just gonna shut it down?
That was exactly my concern, I sent the same questions to the decision makers a couple weeks ago, its great for this yr, but in next 2 or 3 yrs if not sooner, everyone will be complaining when its closed or they make it 19 or 20 again with lower limit. I just dont see the point in back tracking just to wipe out alot of the progress that has been made. Why isnt it ok to have a few extra fish swimming around?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That was exactly my concern, I sent the same questions to the decision makers a couple weeks ago, its great for this yr, but in next 2 or 3 yrs if not sooner, everyone will be complaining when its closed or they make it 19 or 20 again with lower limit. I just dont see the point in back tracking just to wipe out alot of the progress that has been made. Why isnt it ok to have a few extra fish swimming around?
I agree. They should have left it where is was.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm happy, never came close to a limit before. Matter of fact there were many days last year I had to go home empty handed after throwing several 17.5's back and donating a couple of 100 bucks to the VB community.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The change will surely make limits VERY EASY to come by! Really not that hard with where it was most days. Watch the water clarity, it can save you some of those "hundreds" you been spending or invest the "hundreds" in a charter and learn how to target the fish, where to catch them(in quantity), etc.... just a thought. Tight lines everyone.....lets hope next year holds up....

·
Registered
389 Posts
A couple hundred bucks Ken? Where were you buying bait? Never caught a limit either but Ive had my fair share of keepers here and there.
Live in Fredericksburg, keep the boat in Little Creek gas for the truck alone is near $100, Bait, Ice, food, gas and ring free and you have it. Those of you down there have the opportunity to spend much more time on the water. not that i am hating, OK maybe a little envious. Have worked to get better and have but it takes years. Just saying it will be nice to drive home with a few in the cooler more often.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts