Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to believe another year has gone by - damn. 2015 was OK for me but did not get out nearly as much as in years past. Family matters , work and bad weather all worked against my fishing addiction.

Ramps I use where iced in from mid January to almost March. Did a few PSCR trips but the cold water temps. kept the bulk of the big Rock away until the season opened. Jellyfish were bad in spring - cleaning lures was all day chore.

Late May / June saw decent chunking for Rock - nice change of pace. The Spot fishing was tough but live lining was great if you could find live Spot. The Rock literally fought over these baits - I got two keepers on one line.

July saw good trolling over by LP marker - so good that many boats from Deale , Chesapeake Beach and Tilghman Island came north to fish.

August and September was good for Perch - October was good trolling , once you found the fish. 2,3 or 4 rods down at once was normal. November was so / so for me - did more run / gun LTJ. December saw a few trips but the big ones did not come into PLO area so I stayed close to home.

Scuba diving was about average - found some anchors for friends who lost them , plus some other ones.

Skim ice in January but small Rock were out there.

First fish trolling in spring off CP buoy.

Fishing with TFer Big E ( Evans ) on PSCR choppy day.

Dad is 88 here but still reeling nice Rock in.

TFer REM1224 ( Ralph ) will nice C/R Rock.

Got to love fishing with a guy who can pull this hat off.

Helped out with Annapolis Police dept. fishing camp.

Grandson thinks Toadfish are cool - I agree.

Four generations on the boat.

Two Rock on one Spot - we theorize the first Rock grabbed the Spot and it got out the gill cover - only to get eaten by second Rock.

Over the side in search of lost anchors.

Never know what you'll find while diving near bridge.

TFer Genie ( Gene ) with nice fall Rock.

Not biggest anchor I've found but likely the nicest - polished SS - TFer was thrilled to get it back.

Surprise baby Black Drum in October.

Nice fall White Perch.

Dad about 2 weeks before turning 89 years old - great way to celebrate it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Year In Review

I live in Virginia on the lower Rap River, but I always check out the Chesapeake Forum and enjoy your posts. Very nice job on the year in review. Thanks for your willingness to post information and particularly, your willingness to help others. I must admit a bit of jealousy when I read the posts of all the good rockfish fishing in Maryland waters during the year when our Virginia season is closed and the fish are not here.
Glad to see you can still get to take out your Dad and get him on the fish.
Tom

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riverwatcher - Thanks for kind words.

Talk about grass being greener on other side - in summer I drool over Va. reports of red drum , flounder , spadefish , etc and decent water visibility.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Great pics Skip. I especially like seeing you and your dad out there. Hope I can fish when I get to be 88 (If I get there!). I also liked the black drum in October. See you next Monday at the MSSA Chapter meeting.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
What a nice report. Thanks! Your Dad is lucky to have a son that takes him fishing. I have all girls. LOL! Really liked that post.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
...and enjoy your posts. Very nice job on the year in review. Thanks for your willingness to post information and particularly, your willingness to help others.... ...Glad to see you can still get to take out your Dad and get him on the fish.
Could not have put it any better myself. Good work Skip, and Happy new Year.

Don

·
Registered
822 Posts
great post i wouldn't miss a day fishing with my dad. when ever i go he is usually with me. he just turned 78 in dec. we have had some great days of fishing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts