Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sat evening with Hillbilly Jack around the bridge. We couldn't get a strike around the pilings or rockpiles, didn't mark anything, didn't catch anything. Ran north to check on some humps outside the Chester and still nothing. Finally found a few little fish before dark but nothing to brag about. I enjoyed fishing with Jack though. We share a lot of the same fishing filosophy. So much so that he's put me on fish from his couch in Gettysburg before. Now that's a good fisherman. I feel like a bad host that I couldn't find any better fish.

Sunday night Mike R. and I ran about 80 miles and caught a zillion fish but couldn't break the 30 inch barrier. We put in at Shipping Creek and fished the mouths of the rivers all the way down past the Choptank. Birds everywhere. Got some high 20s, but no overs. The most excitement came on the run home. It was the darkest night I've ever seen on the Bay. I usually take the cut through Poplar Narrows after a trip south, but had to go around because we couldn't have seen the pound nets until we were in 'em. Dark dark dark.

Bill joined me tonight. We put in at Mattapeake and ran a little ways south until we saw birds. About 6 other boats around but everyone was trolling which gave us the freedom to pull up and zip to the schools before anyone else. Not as many fish as the night before, but a nice grade. I was certain we'd get a hoss or two, but fooled again. A fat 29.8 was the best we could do - Bill wouldn't let me call him 30 - but we did get another 29 inch football as well. The bigger schools were in the channel this evening.

Hot lure tonight was a 6 inch Mann's Hardnose trimmed with a little orange garlic dye. Bill did well with a gold stingsilver he bought at Jim's Martys. Some okay fish around, but not quite what we're looking for...... yet.....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Shawn......................send those 29.8 inchers my way!!! I'll settle for those...........most days:D......................Mark

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice couple days of fishing, some better then others but atleast your out.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Nice report Shawn,I'm envious of the amount of fishing time you get in...well catching not fishing I should say.:rolleyes:

A couple of real healthy looking fish there.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
29.8s ?? Shawn you are in a slump Bro. Better days are a coming. Most guys would take your bad days with a smile and brag about em. WTG on the 29.8s. :thumbup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice couple of fish! I'll take those all day long.

Sounds like you covered some water as well. $2.25/gal makes that ride a little less painful.

Thanks for the detailed report. Keep 'em coming. Planning on hittin' the water Friday.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Shawn-

It was nice to meet you tonight! I was catching a better grade of fish while I was trolling. I had alot of nice footballs in the 25" class. When I jigged, I caught more fish, but most were under 20".

Hope to see you again soon!

Sykesville
Rhode River
27' Judge Chesapeake

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
29.8s ?? Shawn you are in a slump Bro. Better days are a coming. Most guys would take your bad days with a smile and brag about em. WTG on the 29.8s. :thumbup:
No Lie there I would like to sign up to take one of your bad days in fact I will trade you one of my bad days for one of yours (you are not squemish about profuse vomitting and bleeding are you) :eek::D ) Great report Shawn

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Thanks for the great night out tonight......they were a couple of fine fish you caught out there.

For the record: I did'nt measure the fish.....I just red the tape measure where Shawn held his thumb:D He should have fudged it a little:thumbup:

Bill

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nice report Shawn and great pictures. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for taking the time. ...Don

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Thats the dynamic duo there..Bill and Shawn....nice fish fellas...did pretty good south of where you were...we did break the 30" mark...
OK jack you been bustin' on everybody's "Little fish"...where's yours?........:D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments, guys. LTJ is hot this November. Mega-Jack, nice running into you. We were commenting on how nice a boat you have before we talked. Glad you got some fish. Jay F., yes, they're schooled up with some ocean run fish mixed in feeding on bait at the mouth of the rivers. If you can find birds near the channel, check your drag.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Shawn - is your boat running better? I was worried you'd hurry to get out on the water and forget to put the plug back in.

Nice feesh

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Fished Sat evening with Hillbilly Jack around the bridge. We couldn't get a strike around the pilings or rockpiles, didn't mark anything, didn't catch anything. Ran north to check on some humps outside the Chester and still nothing. Finally found a few little fish before dark but nothing to brag about. I enjoyed fishing with Jack though. We share a lot of the same fishing filosophy. So much so that he's put me on fish from his couch in Gettysburg before. Now that's a good fisherman. I feel like a bad host that I couldn't find any better fish.
Not a problem Shawn. I had a good time. Good to see you got into some fish on your next trips.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts