Tidal Fish Forum banner

20th Chesapeake Bay Fall Classic – The Bay’s Largest Fall Rockfish Tournament - Nov. 17, 18

15K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  MSSA 
#1 ·
The Chesapeake Bay Fall Classic
20th Annual MSSA Fall Rockfish Tournament
November 17 & 18, 2012

2011 marked the best year in the tournaments long history with 250 boats and a payout in cash and prizes of $93,000.

2012 is looking to be even better with our neighboring states looking to come in and compete against us. Let's not lose our tournament to Virginia or Delaware or New Jersey!

2011 Top Payouts (Total paid out over $93,000)
Andrew Turner - $43,225 - 42.45 lbs
Steve Dodson - $21,875 - 51.65 lbs
John Patchett - $15,410 - 41.5 lbs
Doug Scott - $8,100 - 41 lbs

How To Register:

Call: MSSA at 410-255-5535
Mail: 8461 Ft. Smallwood Rd., Suite C, Pasadena, MD 21122
Attend one/all of the four Captains meetings

CAPTAINS MEETINGS - (all meetings 6-8pm)
All Captains Meetings will have food and drink available. You may also register for the tournament at these meetings, OR, pick up your Captains Packet if you registered online. Door prizes will be at all meetings courtesy of Alltackle.

November 12th - BOE Marine - Kent Island
November 13th - Commodore Hall - Essex
November 14th - Alltackle - Annapolis
November 15th - Solomons Pier Restaurant - Solomons Island

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT MSSA Online OR CALL 410-255-5535

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes. Sponsors may fish the tournament.

In fact, we are planning our 2013 tournament series, so if anyone is interested in sponsoring our tournaments please call the MSSA main office for more details 410-255-5535

We had over 4,500 tournament anglers last year!!!

Thanks again to all our sponsors!

Register for the Fall Classic online at www.MSSA.net

#8 ·
The Chesapeake Bay Fall Classic
20th Annual MSSA Fall Rockfish Tournament
November 17 & 18, 2012

2011 marked the best year in the tournaments long history with 250 boats and a payout in cash and prizes of $93,000.

2012 is looking to be even better with our neighboring states looking to come in and compete against us. Let's not lose our tournament to Virginia or Delaware or New Jersey!

2011 Top Payouts (Total paid out over $93,000)
Andrew Turner - $43,225 - 42.45 lbs
Steve Dodson - $21,875 - 51.65 lbs
John Patchett - $15,410 - 41.5 lbs
Doug Scott - $8,100 - 41 lbs

How To Register:
ONLINE - Click Here
Call: MSSA at 410-255-5535
Mail: 8461 Ft. Smallwood Rd., Suite C, Pasadena, MD 21122
Attend one/all of the four Captains meetings

CAPTAINS MEETINGS - (all meetings 6-8pm)
All Captains Meetings will have food and drink available. You may also register for the tournament at these meetings, OR, pick up your Captains Packet if you registered online. Door prizes will be at all meetings courtesy of Alltackle.

November 12th - BOE Marine - Kent Island
November 13th - Commodore Hall - Essex
November 14th - Alltackle - Annapolis
November 15th - Solomons Pier Restaurant - Solomons Island

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.MSSA.net OR CALL 410-255-5535

#9 ·
Are you going to have the all MSSA crew option for the Fall tournament? I know last year you did, but it was because the all MSSA crew form was accidently posted on the website. By the way Dave, just want to say that you do an awesome job, along with alltackle to make the captains meeting fun, along with the tournament.

#10 ·
Thank you for your support.

Yes, we will be awarding All MSSA Crews. It will be the same format as the spring. Any Captain who has an All MSSA Crew, and weighs in the heaviest fish on each day of the tournament will win an extra $500. We will do this for both days, so there will be a total of $1,000.

All MSSA Crew Form - Click Here

Register to become a MSSA Member - Click Here

Register for the Fall Tournament - Click Here

#14 ·
Tournament Update:

As of today (11/4/2012) we have over 50 boats from five states: PA, NJ, DE, VA, & MD. Last year we had 250 boats. $93,000 in cash paid out.

Register online: www.MSSA.net/fall-tournament

Phone: 410-255-5535

Mail or stop by: 8461 Ft. Smallwood Rd., Pasadena, MD 21122

Captains Meetings:
Monday, Nov 12 - BOE Marine - Kent Island
Tuesday, Nov 13 - Commodore Hall - Essex
Wednesday, Nov 14 - Alltackle - Annapolis
Thursday, Nov 15 - Solomons Pier Restaurant - Solomons Island

If you have any questions call 410-255-5535 or email fish@MSSA.net

#15 ·
Hello all! New to the site and striper/Rockfish fishing. Figured I could learn and help out at the same time by offering myself as a crew member if anyone needs assistance. I live in Greenbelt, MD so I'm not too far from the Bay bridge. Let me know if I can be of assistance. I plan to attend the Wed Captains meeting in Annapolis.
Thanks in advance,

-Jorden

#20 ·
ATTENTION Tournament Anglers!

It has been brought to my attention that the most recent edition of Tidelines does not include Point Lookout as a weigh station.

POINT LOOKOUT STATE PARK IS A WEIGH STATION

Sorry for the confusion and if you have any further questions please call the MSSA office at 410-255-5535

Again, I apologize for the error

V/R

Dave Smith

#21 ·
20th Fall Classic Tournament Update

120 boats and counting!

We will be at Alltackle in Annapolis tonight from 6-9PM for the 3rd Captains Meeting. At the meeting you may register, pick up your Captains Packet, ask tournament questions, talk to fellow anglers, eat, drink, win prizes, and more.

Alltackle
2062 Somerville Rd
Annapolis, MD 21401

If you want to pre-register and simply pick up your packet at any of the Captains Meetings visit www.mssa.net/fall-tournament

Or you can all the MSSA office at 410-255-5535

We will be in Solomons Island tomorrow at Solomons Pier Restaurant from 6-8pm.

Thank you to those who have already registered. Be sure to visit your local tackle shop before the tournament to load up on tackle and gear!

V/R

Dave Smith

#22 ·
Due to a last minute cancellation I (Capt. Greg Buckner aboard MISS SUSIE II) am now available for charter and MSSA Tournament buy In this coming Saturday. I originally had one crew booked for both days and tournament buy in. They bailed on me 3 weeks ago and I very quickly re booked this coming Sunday and as of a few hours ago I thought I had this coming Saturday re booked. But as fate would have it the re booked crew fell apart and I now have a prime Saturday date available. The plan is to have the Saturday charter crew and Sundays charter crew split the full buy in for the MSSA Tournament ($975 with all Calcuttas), if and when we win the prize money will be split evenly between the day 1 and day 2 crews (essentially doubling your chances to win big cash).

The weather is foretasted to be a little sloppy, so if want to fish the tourney but dont want to get beat up all day fishing your smaller boat, this may be a perfect opportunity for you. And myself and my first mate have a beautiful 32 rod spread rigged and ready and we have been catching the big fish every day since list Friday. The MISS SUSIE II (formerly FIN FINDER) won $40,000 in last years tournament with Capt. Andrew Turner and Capt. Lee Tippett as crew, she also won $40,000 in last winters mid Atlantic shootout. So she is on a roll and ready to win big this weekend..............

If you are interested please call me a 301 873-1327

Regular charter rate will apply of $750 for the first 6, plus $75 for each additional passenger over the first 6.

Thanks and Cant Wait to catch the big one. If you want to see a full list of pics from the past few days please view my facebook page by visiting www.MissSusieCharters.com

#23 ·
ATTENTION TOURNAMENT ANGLERS

Fishable Waters: All MD Waters of the Chesapeake Bay and its Tributaries as allowed by Maryland DNR, as well as the Potomac.

We will be at Solomons Pier Restaurant TONIGHT from 6-8pm. If you have not registered yet you may do so at this meeting. You may also regsiter online at www.mssa.net/fall-tournament
OR
Call 410-255-5535

Thanks again to all those already registered!

V/R
Dave Smith

#24 ·
20th Chesapeake Bay Fall Classic - Nov 17 & 18
Tornament Update - Thursday, Nov. 15

220 boats after the Solomons Captains Meeting! We still have one more day to make it to 250 or more.

You may register online at www.MSSA.net/fall-tournament
Or
Call MSSA 410-255-5535

Thank you to all those who have already registered. Your support is much appreciated.

Good luck and be safe!

V/R
Dave Smith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.