Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is in all her glorious disrepair-- Transom is not soft, It simply is NOT! amazingly enough, the stringers seem to be in great shape. motor runs, but needs a valve job. OMC outdrive is original and has recently had about $1000 worth of gearing repairs. She will eventually get a windshield and hardtop with side curtains. This is going to be a much longer project than the STARCRAFT was. She will be named RESKEWED II.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Wow. Hey don't be too intimidated. Mine was wayyy worse. Unless the stringers are hollow, I would double check them with a moisture meter just to be safe. Also, is the top crooked? On the head on pic, it looks like the front deck is leaning to the left when the waterline looks level.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't notice that the deck looks crooked till I saw your reply. I think it is sitting on the trailer crooked, but I will look at it closer tomorrow in the daylight
I'm not intimidated by the scope of the project at all, but time is at a premium due to my business (waterproofing and basement egress) experiencing a growth spurt. Go figure, 5 years of slow and steady- I get a great project boat- all hell breaks loose! Maybe I should've gotten a project boat 5 years ago:D :yes:

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Hehe...get some more boats and higher some more workers:D

Expand and I'll run your business up here...division II.

I would check out that leaning. There is nothing more important then getting the boat level when starting a project.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Grady Project

Mark - That's a cool looking boat and the crookedness is most likely the camera angle. I see what Ray is saying about the bottom appearing straight. When you tilt her back straight on the trailer and shoot a pic head-on, it should appear normal. Jim

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at it this morning, the trailer tires on that side are in a small depression in the yard where a different trailer tire sat for a while.........

·
Premium Member
26,091 Posts
Hell-a little paint and she'll be good as new :D .

If you get that Grady fixed up-our Grady owners club would love to have you as a guest speaker.

Good luck fixing her up-shame someone let a good boat go to waste. Skip

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Yeah, Mark, I'd say that's a little bit bigger than the Starcraft project. Rip it all out and start over with the hull and stringers.

HOWEVER, the thought of a bracket and 2 small twins like we discussed has LARGE potential, even a 200HP on her will be good. They make brackets with built in kicker mounts if you opt for the single.

GOOD LUCK, Deb's gonna love it:D :eek2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[
GOOD LUCK, Deb's gonna love it:D :eek2:[/QUOTE]

yeah, you shoulda seen the (grin) on her face when I got home:eek: :eek2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice boat to "Reskew". That same model boat was my first boat of size. A 1969 I purchased in 1977. Actually looked exactly as your's. I had a 150 HP V-6 with OMC outdrive. Alot of fond memories with my young son in that boat. Got a lot of compliments. I consider it the best boat I ever owned. Sadly, lost it in a divorce years later. Good luck with your's. Can't wait to see it when your done.
Bob

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Mark - Did you buy that boat in Wachapreague, VA by any chance? I know you live north but I saw one just like it for sale in the yard behind where we were staying while flounder-fishing this past Spring. I went over and looked at it because I thought it was such a cool looking boat. Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts