Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made for the highrise around 630 pm from c.c. with N4ZNH (wally) & donnie, who just joined t.f. he'll put his board name up cause i forgot it. hit the end of the incoming, waited for the change & put lines in. mike avery anchored next door with dr. ike & crew. started with wire lines @ the stern about 12-15 ft down. had 1 free line, 2 1 oz's & switched the 2 short riggers to 4 & 6 oz cause the wire lines were getting all the love. water was about 53.2, nice seas until around midnite. bite was pretty steady with a 43,45,46,46,46,47 & a personal best the the wal-inator, 50", 45 lb cit. missed 4-5. all in all a awesome nite. don't ask me why i look constipated in the pics, probably getting weak in my old age. ps- i think it was the snot running down my lip, spit snow while we were out there.

·
Registered
447 Posts
IF THE BOATS A ROCKIN" you can bet Wally's got his pole out....NICE job on the fish guys. wish I could have been there, looks like another stellar night on the "Keepin it Reel"

Congrats on the 50 inch Slob Wally, Congrats on the citations to you all. I love it when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
* 1 fish of the 2 fish possession limit may be 34 inches or larger
dude, are you implying we kept over our limit or we don't know the regs? you'd be wrong on either one. this ain't my 1st rodeo.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great Job - Tony, Wally, and Donnie. Looks like it was pretty cold out there, but the fishing was hot. Glad you guys had a good night.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Maybe Sunrunner doesn`t realize that because you caught that many with the crew you had that you kept them all. Maybe he`s just reminding evey one the regs. I dunno but still some pretty looking fish. WTG!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Another epic night at the highrise. I had a blast catchin fish, watching others juggle for a spot and trying to anchor in the ripping current and let's not forget the brief snow flurries. It looked a lot like Christmas with all the red and green lights strung along the bridge bobbing in the waves. I've caught my share of the cows with many in the upper 40's and it was nice to break that mark with a 50" slob last night.

Like Tony mentioned this isn't our first rodeo. We generally keep our limit and any fish that goes home is delicately prepared and consumed. Tony has converted a Huge storage locker on the boat into a live well big enough to keep 2-3 of these cows swimming comfortably. We use circle hooks and even with that you will gut hook one every now and then. It's nice to put one that you don't think will make it in the box and let a lively one swim away healthy.

Can't wait for the next WX window to try it again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tony, sounds like maybe Sunrunner needs to do his first rodeo !! Congrats to the ULTIMATE CREW who knows the regs & abides by them & also how to GET-ER-DONE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.