Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a troubling issue with my Yamaha 2001 250 EFI. I have had a problem with the unit reducing RPM’S when I hit a wave. It seems to throttle down to the safety low RPM mark of about 1500 after hitting a moderate wave. It clears up after I stop the engine by cutting it off for a few seconds and restating.
I had this problem once before but solved it with replacing the engine oil tank float switch which was faulty when it was struck. I am not getting a oil flashing lite problem on the tech. I also know I have good fuel pressure to the injectors and I have just replaced the O2 probe.
I have checked all the electrical plugs on the engine and battery and engine control connections.
Has anyone had this problem before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check all your wiring on the powerhead. A friend of mine has a new f115 that was doing the same thing. He found a wire that had chafed and was grounding itself out which sent the motor into the "limp" mode. The warning buzzer was going off intermittantly with no warning lights. He took his back to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a bad check ball in the fuel primer bulb, they were worng. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.