Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping you can share some inforfmation on these two boats. 28' Grady Sailfish vs. 28' Scout Abaco. Both 2002. What do you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
For myself anyway, if both are in similar condition, Grady White every time! Of course, it all depends upon the price of each.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grady,Grad

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I think I'd factor in what kind of power is on each as well...you're talking about nearly 7 year old motors, so total hours, 4-stroke vs. 2 then I would compare the ride of each.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Lots of other variables to consider.

We have a 2002 Grady, with over 1100 hours under power..

Brian

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Scout is a Sweet Sweet Ride... But I think the Grady has more fishing room. So it depends on what you are looking for... You really cant go wrong with either choice.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Both are nice higher end boats. I would consider hours, up keep, and which had the most of what I was looking for and go from there. Good luck

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Boats-Both

There is a lot more to consider than just brand. If they were comparable I would choose the Grady.

But like Glenn, Persistenc 2 said what brand are the engines, how much horsepower, 2 or 4 strokes & hours on engines, proof & frequency of services, then you could have serious money differences in electronics. Always make sure your deal is subject to a mechanical check out, formal survey & water test-all to your satisfaction and by persons that you pick.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts