Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been fishing pretty much every night from the beach at my apartment complex and have been getting into some pretty nice rock on topwaters. Went out last night around 5, didnt even get a hit until almost 7, but ended up catching 3 rock between 18 and 28 inches. It was pretty exciting catching the big one, he missed the chug bug i was fishing the first time he tried to hit it but ended up inhaling it the second time around, the plug was halfway down his throat when i got him in!

Heres a pic, the quality sucks cuz it was taken on a cell phone at night but you get the idea:

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
WTG! VTFish!!!
in what area do you live?
what body of water?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Very nice. I was just talking to Bill last night when we were shoreline fishing and we said if we lived near one of those spots we'd be casting every night. I'm glad to see some pics of nice fish showing up. Congratulations on getting that one from the shore.

·
Premium Member
26,230 Posts
BS - everyone knows you need a high dollar boat,50 rods/reels and 12 tackle boxes to catch fish :D:D.

Awesome catch :clapping2::clapping2: - had to be exciting to get the fish the second time.Top water axction in your backyard -WOW :thumbup:.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i live

...in Lexington Park, Cedar Cove area. Just been fishing in the bay, theres a creek that empties in at the end of the beach and i fish off of the small rock jetty that separates the creek from the beach. Smaller chug bugs and Yo Zuri poppers have been the best producers, but I have also caught several nice rock and blues working a banjo minnow across the surface. Im so glad its October, pretty much all i caught all summer were blues and while the fight is nice its good to have some variety!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Hell yeah Matt.

I didn't know you moved out of Buckners place. We should fish together before long. It's been a couple of years.

Are you going home this year for Christmas to tap the ice.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rivers

Since the weather for the bay looks pretty bad this weekend, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place where I could shore fish in any nearby rivers for striper and such. I do have a smaller boat. 15 ft jon boat. Any suggestions? Just trying to get my fix.
Should I jig or use topwater lures. My boat is in Deale.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Since the weather for the bay looks pretty bad this weekend, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place where I could shore fish in any nearby rivers for striper and such. I do have a smaller boat. 15 ft jon boat. Any suggestions? Just trying to get my fix.
They were killing them on the North Beach Pier last Sunday Night using worms and grass shrimp. Mostly blues, with few rockfish mixed in. Also, Perch, blues and stripers are schooled up 1 mile off Holland Point, if weather permits putting the jon boat in. (doubtful)

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
You could trailer it up and try the Magothy or the Severn. I've been slaying the blues all summer long from the old route 2 fishing pier on the north shore of the Severn. Also, there's a lot of structure around Gibson Island on the Magothy that you could LTG at. You could "drag the piers" (light tackle trolling with white of chart curly tails while playing chicken with piers) in the Severn or the Magothy. Good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
banjo minnows

I love hearing that the Banjo Minnow actually works! Saw the infomercials on TV and almost bought them!
my parents bought me my first banjo minnow kit about 10 years ago after a buddy of mine used some on a trip w/ us and absolutely SLAYED largemouth and smallmouth bass in Lake Memphremegog in northern VT. I have had great success on them for both largemouth and smallmouths, and used them in Virginia Beach a few winters ago for breaking rock and caught fish up to 42 inches on them. they are kind of a pain in a$$ to rig up, and the "weedguard" on them kinda sucks, but they DO catch fish!!

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
BS - everyone knows you need a high dollar boat,50 rods/reels and 12 tackle boxes to catch fish :D:D.

Awesome catch :clapping2::clapping2: - had to be exciting to get the fish the second time.Top water axction in your backyard -WOW :thumbup:.
Skip, I see your high dollar boat, 50 Calcutta outfits, and 12 tackle boxes, and raise you a $300 beat up Coleman flat back canoe, a vintage 1970's Penn reel on a cheesy fiberglass rod, 20 cents worth of hook and weight, and 50 cents worth of chicken livers. :D

Fisherman Fish Hat Fishing Ray-finned fish

But seriously folks. VTFish, great catch from your back yard! :bigfish: It's gotta be great living on the water. Good job! :thumbup: It's kool enough to be able to walk to my neighbothood pond an pull out largemouths, blugills, and crappie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts