Tidal Fish Forum banner

2nd Annual Doug Whalen OLD FARTS vs WHIPPERSNAPPERS Striper Tournament

Good Information 
6K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Drwhale 
#1 ·
2nd Annual - Doug Whalen<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

OLD FARTS vs.WHIPPERSNAPPERS<o:p></o:p>

STRIPED BASS - Fishing Event<o:p></o:p>

Sunday, December 19th

All Proceeds Go To: SHRINERS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

<o:p>Rules:<o:p></o:p>
Old Farts ~ Ages 60 and OLDER<o:p></o:p>
Whippersnappers ~ Ages 59 and YOUNGER<o:p></o:p>

Entry Donation (Whatever You Can Afford) per Angler.
<o:p>***Checks Payable To Shriners Childrens Hospital***</o:p>

Captains Meeting: No Captains Meeting will be held,
Entries can be paid at weigh in, this is a FUN TOURNAMENT.

Lines In: No earlier than 8:30 am, Dec. 19th<o:p></o:p>

Weigh-In: Vinings Landing Marina, 8166 Shore Drive, Norfolk, Va. 23518., 3 - 3:30 pm. Must be in line for weigh in no later than 3:30 pm. We can gather at Surf Rider after the Weigh In to Celebrate a GOOD TIME.<o:p></o:p>

Virginia Hook & Line regulations apply. All fish must be caught in Virginia Waters.<o:p></o:p>

AWARDS: 2 Fish Aggregate (Non Cash Award), All proceeds go to the Shriners Children's Hospital. <o:p></o:p>
Winners get BRAGGING RIGHTS till the Next Tournament.

Oh There MIGHT BE A TROPHY for the Winners!!!

For more info call Lucian at (757)535-6868, or email lmontagnaj@aol.com.<o:p></o:p>

Post Up Your Intentions to Enter
Boat Name, Team and Anglers.

</o:p>​

See less See more
#8 ·
Wow Lucian! I expected more from these Old Farts! Maybe they'd perk up if the charity was something closer to their heart like Alzheimer's or incontinence:hysterical:

Not looking good for the Shriners Childrens Hospital.:nono:
Bret:
I believe they will make a showing... I just hope their boats have Handi Rails and an electric net to hoist their 18" Stripers aboard...:second:

#12 ·
You can mix the crowd, but you will need to be sure you seperate lines by category as well as catch coming to the dock... You will need to know who caught what... You cannot SHARE RODS... In other words Old Farts on one side of the boat and Whippersnappers on the other... Pictures are encouraged...

#16 ·
Ok fishing with the OLD FARTS will be Team No Problem , if we can figure out how to get the boat off the trailer and the engine running.
crew Jim Mayer - Dean Warren
We don't see or heard as good as we use too but we can fish.
NICE!!!

Ok Who Else????

We have a Competition NOW!!!

#22 ·
I guess that would put me in the Wippersnappers Division at the young age of 57. Thought for sure I would be in the old fart division, but maybe I can find a ringer that puts us in the Old Fart Division. LOL!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Kevin:
Your still young FOR NOW!!! Come on and PLAY with these GEEZERS, it'll be a BLAST.
There is NO PRESSURE on the event cause it all goes to charity and we are fishing for Bragging Rights and FUN!!!

#24 ·
Sorry that the Admiral and I will be out-of-town that weekend. Otherwise we could fish this with our usual T4T crew - three old farts (total of about 210yrs) and one whippersnapper....

Sounds like a good time, for a good cause.

Brian

#25 ·
Sorry that the Admiral and I will be out-of-town that weekend. Otherwise we could fish this with our usual T4T crew - three old farts (total of about 210yrs) and one whippersnapper....

Sounds like a good time, for a good cause.

Brian
Brian:
There's always next year...

Have a Great Trip!!!

#26 ·
Tournament information

Fellas:
We are watching the weather... The water has cooled and the fish are getting harder to catch...

I will make the call on the weather on Thursday.. I am hoping it will clear out and warm enough to get the fish biting inshore...

NO Us WHIPPERSNAPPERS Aren't SCARED... We just don't want you OLD FARTS Moaning and Groaning about the COLD WEATHER...

I'll keep you posted...

Any Questions Call Me 535-6868 or email lmontagnaj@aol.com
Lucian

#27 ·
Lucian, setting here with crew ready to go but we're not sure if its worth the gas to be able to say "Old Farts Rule" one more time. Fished last week and the fishing is tuff with water temps as low as they are. Looking forward to your call on the weather/cold water.
(If we fish I will be in a friends boat, ice on the creek)
Pugg

#28 ·
Hey Pugg,

Ya see how Capt. Lucifer is starting to make excuses....

Crikey, he wants to cancel the Tourney for darn sakes........ and using the weather that's not even here yet as an excuse..

I knew he would come up with some excuse.....

Well if the tourney doesn't come off we should be named Champeens for 2010....We are here, We are able, We are the Champions!!!!!!!

#29 ·
Hey Doug, I have to agree with Capt. Lucifer, as you know he is getting Older and may be a little wiser. Thinking of the Old Farts slipping around on the deck of a boat in the snow (as forcasted ) with air temps. around 28 degs, doesn't make for a very pretty sight. Some of us have a hard time on a flat clam day, as I remenber tripping over our load of fish last year, on our way to our WIN.....

As far as "Champeens" we are and will always be, even if its only in our hearts.
Pugg

#30 ·
WEATHER UPDATE - It SUCKS for SUNDAY!!!

I think we should reschedule the event when the seas are calm and the temps are a little warmer...

In other words Tournament CANCELLED for Now!!!

BTW: We WHIPPERSNAPPERS Concede NOTHING!!! Although by the time we get the event off I may be an OLD FART...

Let's explore our options.. Who has dates in mind or would you rather wait till SPRING and make it Flounder or Togs or Red Drum (Released) or ???

#31 ·
Ahem...........excuse me......................Ahhhh Capt Lucifer......

If you look at page 347 2nd paragraph of the "Tournament Fishermans Guidelines" you will read......and I quote

Once a tournament has been agreed upon by both parties it cannot be cancelled unless both parties are in agreement to cancel the tournament. However, If one of the parties suggests, causes or in any way allows the tournament to be cancelled the remaining participant shall be named the winner.

And Pugg, Am I sensing that you have a soft spot in your heart for the Whippersnappers.....Tell me that's not true.....

I think that says it all.....

Old Farts..........................Take heed I Believe we have won again...

#32 ·
No No... I have no soft spot for those pesty Whippersnappers. They have been known to go on to boats an place object, and at times they have called us names. They tell tails (that are untrue) and make up stuff that is real hurtful... But I do understand that they are young and realy don't know anybetter.
I do agree with you, that do to the fact, they, the Whippersnappers, have called off the event, We the Most Learned should be named the winner. I know that Capt. Lucifer will have a lot to say about this turn of events.
Thanks for posting the tournament rule, for all to read.

May all have a Blessed Christmas
Pugg

#36 ·
...I do agree with you, that do to the fact, they, the Whippersnappers, have called off the event, We the Most Learned should be named the winner....

May all have a Blessed Christmas
Pugg
Lucian, go ahead and name the Farts the winner. They're old, and by this time next month, they will have forgotten that a tournement had even been scheduled.

Pugg - Merry Christmas to you, and to everyone else on the board.

Now, let's get the winds to lay down, and see if we can do some FISHING!

BTW, I loved your line: "You can't trust a Fart." TOO TRUE (on so many levels)!! :amen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.