Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup: three of us left slavins, around 12:00. back at three or so. caught total of about 13 largemouths. biggest three/half pounds. Number two mepps squirrel tail, multi color blade. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
A # 2 Mepps.That was all we used in the 60s.That's all we needed.It's another old lure that still works.The fish you caught were'nt old enough to remember those.You tricked them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good Old Slavins. I think this is the first time I read of a post on Slavins Dock area. I grew up in Indian Head and fished there every day as a kid. I can't believe I use to catch crabs on that pier as a kid by the dozens. I wonder if they even come up that far anymore.

Frank
"Skirtchaser"

·
Registered
445 Posts
Skirtchaser
You are right about Slavins frist post I have ever seen also I caught my bigest bass
right up from Slavins 7+ and yes I release her use to love that part of the Potomac.
Brings back some good memories.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats my old stomping grounds from back in the eighties. Got some friends that still live in the bryans road area, Pomonkey.Great hunting also. I live in St. Mary's now so the bays alittle closer. Still love the mattawomen, Marshall hall area for all that

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Slavins

I have taken so many clients out of that ramp I have lost count. I totally love that place.
As far as free launch it will change shortly and the fee will be small.. Talked to the Mayor last week and he said they have a new box going in for fees..

Capt Mike

·
Registered
295 Posts
Frank,
Remember we stopped by there on my wedding day. No time to fish but still got a good report. I am glad that they finally fixed the ramp. I loved fishing the creek in the spring before the lilly pads were up, counting the boats stuck in the mud until the tide came in.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts