Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
I was born on St Patrick's day and as a birthday present to myself I treated myself to another one of Walleye Pete's walk on RIP's Trips. The luck of the Irish was with me because the weathyer was great, the fellowship was great, the fishing was great and as a special treate a member of the Latorical Society of Americia was on-board to tag CCNPP stripers. He's been tagging CCNPP stripers for a few years now and it will be interesting to see where they turn up. So if you catch a tagged fish, please record the information and return ot to the LSA. The how to's are on their website. Anyway I got a 40"er in the boulders with a 10" BKD on my replacement CarrotStix. The 10" worked for about 2 hours, but as the day went on things changed and a 6" BKD became what they wanted. WP turned me on to a new head called a BUG made by Specialized Baits. It was too light to throw in the RIP, but on the current edges it was HOT. Especially when tipped with a 6" Diamond PINK BKD!!!! It got crowded out there and the drift was all over the place. later in the morning the water started getting dirty and some tree trunk sized driftwood showed up in the Rip. WP did a realtime Facebook post on the tagging process from his onboard wireless MacBookPro. Pretty shaarp how he did that.....you should check it out on his Facebook Wall. Had to put up my CarrotStix because my old PP line must have been worn out. Seems it broke above the leader and broke again with I was sinching up a new 10x10 knot on a new leader. But my orange Diawa rod, Penn Battle reel with Burrnt Orange Stren Braid was up to the task. Everyone caught their fair share of fish and it was a real good day. Tonight I'll let the family bring me to a nice prime rib dinner and a few green beers, all of which I get to pay because that's what dad's do.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Shame on you. You're not supposed to tell anyone that the rips are holding fish right now. The fishing gods (other Tidalfishers) are going to get you. I'm glad you had a nice trip. My only problem with tagging fish (which really isn't a problem) is I never see the results of any tagging studies.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
happy Birthday. Maybe the bartender will buy you a birthday green beer. This may quite possibly be the best time of the year. Forget xmas. Every tree in the lot is starting to bud today, gannets have arrived, water temperature is making that climb, bass ponds are coming alive, trout stocking crews are busy, the striped bass are making their final feeding binge before ascending the rivers... just hope I can get out under that full moon. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
So, it noticeably got dirtier when you were out there? Not just dirty water coming from the rips? IT was everywhere right? Not good. <o:p></o:p>

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eminent Brothers;
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I agree it was a careless and BIG mistake on my part to give up this top secrete location??? I found out about it reading the March edition of Prop magazine. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut and just put something on Facebook or Twitter so the TF'ers didn't get mad at me. I promise to do better the next time.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Happy B-Day Ole Gray One, glad you got to get out on your B-Day without a permission slip... When are you going to let me build you a good rod I can even paint it orange if you like. WTG on the tagging that's neat....

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
This may quite possibly be the best time of the year. Forget xmas. Every tree in the lot is starting to bud today, gannets have arrived, water temperature is making that climb, bass ponds are coming alive, trout stocking crews are busy, the striped bass are making their final feeding binge before ascending the rivers... just hope I can get out under that full moon. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
AND COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!

Happy Birthday Ol Grey and wise one

TIGHT LINES!!!

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eminent Brothers
Just got back from my PRIME RIB birthday dinner with my extended family. The 7 of us raised Holy Hell in the Edgewater Steakhouse and Sports Bar. I feel sorry for the waiter the assistant manager and the manager because My Lovely Bride got a tough piece of steak and one of the step-sons thought his steak was over done. I bet they were glad to get rid of us!!!

And Steve F.....I understand Captain Steve passed on all his rod making stuff to you. He built 2 custom rods for me when I was in my Green period. Now it's ORANGE and if you can build it.....I want it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts