Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
3/26/07 Atlantic Ocean Fishing Report

Today we did a put together party for a total of 13 anglers. This was our 20th extreme long range deep drop adventure of the 2007 campaign. Mr. T.J. Reiber of Northern Virginia served as 1st Mate today. Capt. Danny served as co captain.

Fishing will make you humble. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, whamo! Fresh on the successes of yesterday I confidently talked the crew into an ill fated attempt at trying for Golden Tilefish today. Man, was it a mistake! If you think that the Dawg Sharks don't go deep, you're mistaken! I feel like Don Quixote chasing windmills sometimes. But I assure you, one day I will find the Golden Tilefish but it was, unfortunately, not today. One huge bite and a miss was the only claim today on these beasts from the deep.

We somewhat salvaged the day with a feeble 62 BSB's and 1 Blueline Tilefish at the end of the day but the goal was not met of finding the Golden Tiles. The big fish pot winner was a 4 pound 12 oz. Knothead. Of course the hideous Conger Eels and filthy Dawg Sharks were taking their toll...

Some days are diamonds and some days are coal. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. This extreme long range deep drop fishing is a true test of a man's will. A formidable spate of ultra spewing was the only solace to be taken... This crew hung in there through all of the Dawgs, etc. and, at the very least can be remembered as our 1st attempt at the Golden Tiles. Hopefully, some of this crew will be with me when I do find them.

Headin' back to port with no citations and my tail between my legs...

[ Pictures to follow ]

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now our illustrious cocaptain displays a beautiful double Black Sea Bass to make amends for the previous hideous creature

1 - 10 of 10 Posts