Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still had the itch after the Tuna Trip, so I headed down to a "secret spot" on the Severn with my Dad to fish from a pier. I was hoping to get my Dad a pickeral or 2 since he's never caught one, but we ended up have a great day fishing from this pier. All told we got 14 pickeral, 6 yellow perch and 2 white perch! The biggest pickeral was about 21", while most were in the 17-20" range, and the biggest yellow was 11".

Here are some pics:

I was really surprised that we did so well, but I guess the warm weather and nice big minnows helped:D. It was a blast non-stop fishing/catching for 2 hours, we didn't really get a chance to drink our beers until we called it a day:beergood:

-Rob

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Nice work. I guess that answers the question about whether the Yellows have all spawned already! She looks like she's about to burst.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an excellent recipe for pickled pickerel, let me know.. They also make an excellent bait for trophy season, just wire them up like a bally and drop em' back and hold on Robby!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice job Rob. Is that way up river?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thought it looked familiar (SRSC). Was there just the other day putting my boat in. Casted a few times but got nothing like you did. That is a cool little place to fish and can offer a neat variety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts