Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprisingly I was the first truck at the ramp (hercules) today at 8 am. Current was ripping and the water was down, I went up river to a deep oxbow out of the current, usually a hotspot year-round. Caught probably 40-45 fish before noon, Shellcrackers, Bass, 2 small yellow perch, 25 crappie most dinks one at 12.25, shad was running one ol' fella was burning em up on spoons.

I pulled up at noon, to find the game warden parked right next to me... luckily we never crossed pathsdancedance

Picked up a friend and fished the blackwater for cats using cut shad, No luck fished huge slip bobbers all depths and had a few on bottom.doh so I rounded off the afternoon with 8 more crappie

Attachments

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
PP sounds like you had an interesting day.:photo4::clapping2::high5: The wardens told us they had put in up at Hercules and had checked every boat down river till they got to us.:eek2::fishing2: Said they only saw one white perch and one rock fish caught.:eek2:noidea:wahoo: Anyways we got plenty of time and some good fishing in the coming weeks.:clap::poke1::watchout6::rockingman2:

AC

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
now that's a fishing trip! Leisurely time to try different things for different species.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds like a good day to me. Its fun when Your catching but even more so when You are catching all types along with good numbers of Your target fish.CF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts