Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3/7/07 Atlantic Ocean Fishing Report
By Capt. Jim Brincefield d/b/a "Jil Carrie" Charter Fishing
Fishing from the wharf at Long Bay Pointe Bait & Tackle
Lynnhaven, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Phone (home) (252) 336-4296 / Boat (443) 336-8756
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.captjim.com

Today we welcomed a group put together by Mr. Scott Finney of Gloucester, VA for a total of 10 anglers. This was our 14th extreme long range deep drop adventure of the 2007 campaign. Mr. T.J. Reiber of Northern Virginia served as 1st Mate today. Along for the ride was our good friend and world famous extreme deep diver, nut job, and giant shark fisherman - Capt. JT who kept us all entertained with his great stories!

We had a much better day today even though we once again struggled with the disgusting and totally hideous 10 to 1 DTB Ratio (Dawg Shark to Bass Ratio). The fishing party agreed upon our Jil Carrie patented and all new "1/3, 1/3, and 1/3 trip" which is 1/3 Sea Bassin', 1/3 Tilefishin', and 1/3 Wreckfishin' and Grouper Fishin" and it paid off in a BIG way!

We deftly accumulated a noteworthy 119 keeper Black Sea Bass, 64 Blueline Tilefish, a heretofore boat record 23 "Wreckfish", and 1 very rare Snowy Grouper. We only had 1 VA Weight Citation (see below and pictures). Once again the Dawgs, Dawgs, and more Dawgs ate us up, no matter where we were, but the party fought through them and had one of our best overall catches of the season!!!! We released an armada of Dawg Sharks, undersized Black Sea Bass, and hideous Conger Eels. I am so much enjoying this time of year - "Ralph", "Earl", and The Car Salesman" have taken up residence!!!! The small pink particles that look like the stuff in the jello with the marshmallow stuff are especially noteworthy!!!

VA Weight Citation Blueline Tilefish
Mr. Lee R. Alto of Gloucester, VA - 12 pounds 8 ounces

[ pictures to follow ]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nut Job? Just because I dive those deep wrecks....well I can see where the average guy may see it that way......I had a blast and enjoy being on the water. TJ does a great job untangling the lines that the dogfish cause. Trust me you're only seeing a very small percentage of how many of those bastards are down there. I hope to have the DVD of the deep wrecks done for you in a month or two so you can see what the wrecks look like. You should call your post the "Deep Drop Catching Report". BTW the only time your boat is faster than mine is when your surfing down the backside of a wave....big grin

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, Capt. JT you're not a nut job. Here's a few quotes:

"450' down in 38 degree water is doable"

"It was only 4 times in a deco chamber"

"The 15' shark that was swimming behind me up to the surface was more interested in the chum bag than eatin' me"

Should I continue?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts