Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my father-in-law. A friend at work left Saturday to go croaker fishing, taking two friends/cousins with him. None have been heard from since. Two vehicles are at the house, indicating they rode with my father-in-laws friend. He had mentioned trying Tappahanock first and then maybe "try something else" (could mean going down river or trailering to a different landing).

The missing vehicle is a two-tone, mainly blue, pickup. He lives in Dinwiddie (south of Petersburg) so a trip to Tappahanock could change to any ramp along the way. Westpoint, Tapp. or any ramp downriver on the Rapp.

If you happen to see anything unusual at any of these areas, will you call the local police and have them check it out? His truck and trailer might be sitting somewhere (boat ramp or side of the road). He is single and thus didn't really tell anyone what his plans were on Saturday. The police called his work today to see if anyone had any idea of his plans.

Please keep an eye out. If you live really close to a ramp, would you take a quick ride and take a look. I am going to try to get some better details of truck and boat, but I am pretty sure the boat is small. Saturday was very windy.

Thanks.

Dayton

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
I *think* this is the bait shop located right at the free ramp in Tappahannock. They could look tomorrow for this vehicle. If this isn't the right one then I know it is called "White's" something or other.

* White's Home & Auto Store (804) 443-4100
Rappahannock Shopping Center
PO Box 717
"Tappahannock, VA 22560"

·
Registered
6 Posts
A handful of guys and no cell phone. Sounds like something that could have happened in the 70s but not today. By the way I always keep a paddle on my boat. Who would have thought they would get beached on Gilligan's Island and not able to walk to safety.

I guess it is a nice ending to what could have been a disaster.

By the way I have been down Tyler's Beach and if it is anything like it was 10 years ago it isn't the friendliest or safest place to put in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts