Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Breezy Point this morning around 7:30 with jthomas21113. There was a thin layer of ice on the water and the dock was covered with frost. Although, a couple of boats had already left out of Breezy so the ice was already broken.

We headed straight out to about 45 Feet and started putting out our trolling spread. Trolled East/West - West/East while heading South toward Parkers Creek.

At 08:30, in 65 foot deep water on the Western shore, we go our first hook-up. Jason reeled in a really nice, fat, 36"er on the 150 foot chart tandem parachute rig. :thumbup:

While Jason was fighting his fish the 300' WTFB line got knocked down. I was intentionally slow to react (300 feet back) :yawn: and was just slow enough to see that the fish wasn't really interested in the Chart Chesapeake Bay Lure. He got off before I got to the rod.

We circled back around and at 9:00 we hooked-up with another fish. It was my turn, and it wasn't on the WTFB line. ;-) . This fish decided to hit the 200 foot white tandem parachute rig. After a short fight I boated a fat 36"er that could have passed as a twin for the one Jason caught just 30 minutes earlier.

We had our two over 28"s so now it was either catch and release or get an 18 to 28"er. Well, once more we circled back to the area where we caught the previous two fish. Before we made it back to that area, at approx 9:50, we were hooked up again. Jason made quick work on getting the next fish to the boat. Unfortunately, this fish was 28 1/2 and had to go back. This guy hit the 200 foot chart tandem bucktail.

We continued trolling until 12:30 when we decided to call it quits and head back in. With the low tide the water depth of the canal at Breezy was only 1 to 1.5 feet deep. It was an Awesome day on the water. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Jerry- a real nice report. :thumbup: Good to see fish still there after my last trip Sunday. I wasn't mark'n much of anything. Was lucky to catch just one.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the report...glad ya caught a few nice sized feesh :D

Nice detail on the report.

Sounds like Breezy is getting harder to get in and out of, especially since there didn't seem to be much of a W-NW blow, at least in DC. :eek:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Pat Malady and I launched out of Breezy at 10 AM. Ran and trolled down the western shore to the power plant looking for fish without success. Nothing happening at the power plant outlet, so we headed north. About 3:30 PM, just south of Breezy near the 20 - 26' ledge, we saw a cluster of gulls circling. Trolling in that area yielded 4 fish. 2 were keepers at 20 & 30". This was a nice ending to what will likely be my last outing in 2008.

There are fish to be caught in this sector, but far fewer than there were a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice Job Jerry. You couldn't ask for a nicer day in December out there. Coming back into breezy was sure a challenge for Jay with that low tide. Great report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts