Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
----Managed 4 reel screaming bubbas yesterday , Left the poles at the Happy Harbour at 0730, hoping to get additional warmth from the Sunrise to supplement my bus heater & clear the icy salt water spray ice on the Windows , but as we found out it wasen't to be --Put the Planer board in , only use one & my stb. out rigger( So i can turn & work Numbers) --Two boards hamper short turns esp. in traffic --Board lines & boat rods were set & by that time we were in 32' line off the condos , We worked a !/4 mile area & landed these citation fish , All by youngsters 8 ---14 years old ,( Fighting Chairs sure help steady the rod) saw some birds working in the shore area , aprox on the 24' drop line --Pulled the boards & rigger & went in to join the frey --Limited out & made the run home --A sucessful days catch with some great guys from the Peach state -One was a Commercial King Mackerel fisherman & made for some, intresting counter notes , on the Mackerel's habits , Spanish as well as Kings --Fishing is great right now & I'm waiting for the big fish Delaware mirgration with baited Breath , some of these fish in the past proved to be over50#--Good Luck -See ya on the Pond -geo.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
George thanks for the report. Are you talking about fish that size coming thru this area of the bay? Or talking about fishing in Delaware?

If here, I may have to leave the boat in a little longer!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks for the report Capt'n

The 3 gallon hill ,is a 6 gallon'er for me.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
thanks for the rpt capt G.
:clap::D
RM - I'm sure he's talking about the feesh coming down from delaware.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Sounds like you got your limit in short order,bet those kids went nuts.

Nice report CG

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Thanks for the report Capt. George......waved as we went by.....took in a 40 not far from there......hope the big girls stay around a while.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Delaware Fish--

--Some , have PM me on my thoughts on the Delaware Migration -- this may be my thought only, but I've Always felt this migration was a part of our late Fall fishing -
Going back to the 70-80's when the Gorrilla Blues were around, i was always Baffled that Big blues were being caught by Bank , Surf type fishermen on the C& D , even BEFORE the catch in early Apr. out front got into gear --Geo. i said to myself , maybe there going up the coast & going into Delaware bay & then entering the chesapeake from ABOVE --
Then the El Nino years , Big rock plying the waters , these I do believe came from below as the were here in abbundence in late OCT. Nov. etc.
But the influx of Big fish , sporting sea lice that emerge in December , I've felt is that group migrates to the Qcean using the Chesapeake as a Hi way --Usually the Gannetts are around , to help , also our false call , birds the Loons---The Only BAD thing is there few metal clad bottom Oystermen around to open the channels in the Ice laden access creeks --Rockhold Creek, has now a Particular problem of icing now all the way to the Jetties --( I told the so, called experts that it would Happen , but the Selective hearing was turned on )--Icing usta stop at Skippers , as the wind & wave action would keep the Creek open in that area )--I hope to get Co-operation from the state to Allow a metal clad oysterman to use his boat to open a channel , to allow us access to the Bay when iced in --

--I hesitate , to reccomend not winterizing on my notes , as this run may Not Happen this year , If it does youve only wasted a little Antifreeze to re-Commision --Sure a Nasty day out there today, but ya gotta expect a few now in Dec.--geo.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks Capt G.:clapping2::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts