Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran out to dredge around the pilings with a 400gr. on the ebb tide this afternoon. Beautiful conditions with glassy swells and cooperative fish all in the 22-26 inch range. Started working south of the first island around mile mark 2.5 southward to around mile mark 2 on the North-bound span. I started with a chartreuse slim deceiver tied on a size 4 circle streamer hook with some success but seemed to do better (more consistent) when I switched to an orange squid pattern (ala Wild Bill :thumbup:) tied on a 5/0 o'shaughnessy. All fish seemed to be holding in the bottom third of the water column and not far down current of the pilings.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Glad to hear you did well! Was it busy? Last time I was down there, the 27th, there were about 200 trollers around Cape Henry, but I didn't venture up to the bridge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn't too busy. A few other boats, a handful trolling (about 50 yds off the span) and maybe a half dozen casting near the first island.

Nice, no pressure.

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Mike...Ditto... If I get a weather and work window I am south bound. Suicide run... good for the soul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts