Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any luck around 301 bridge yet? coming out of aquia creek and am going to give it a try sunday if the wind lays down. had good luck there last year but they did not show until mid december.
thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats a pretty good Spot but if your boat can Go on a trailer and you want big Rockfish you need too go far down the river too the mouth or the bay best cheapest way too do that is tow by land and put in close too the mouth If you need a fishing buddy I will go with you any days you want I have no job as of now and looks like the whole winter so my schedule is open but these fish are here(big 40+):bigfish: Target ship(big ship full of Bullet holes cant miss it) sometimes is good spot you can jig there too or live line if you go by land you got more time on fish I m going sunday but up the bay towards 72a by water its real far just made a trip no fishing just a boat ride and from 301 bridge too there its 3hours at 40mph by car its 45 mins so 6+hours round trip say 4 hours fishing maybe or trailer and 90mins travel 8+ hours fishing I know sum spots you can bmail me or call

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh forgot too tell you really from 301 bridge potomac and north (snake head territory) if you catch sum strange fish The snake head kill them or keep them there is a number you can call and they will take them for research these terrible fish could destroy the river and bay I mean forever so dont put them back in the water kill them cut the head They can range from a tiny fish too great big something you have never seen maybe as big as the lochness monster They get pretty big maybe not leviathan size but they eat everything and do not die there a foreign species that got in the Potomac by accident and have adapted well and killing all the game fish well everything crabs fish etc. this creature is a real threat on our watershed and they are trying too find a way too exterminate it permanently without killing off native wild life so everyones help is needed if I had alot of time on my hands I would try too catch these everyday too get rid of another one try too spread the word too everyone you know or meet we should have a sign or t shirts of the species so everyone knows what they look like and too kill them They did a show on it on Discovery Channel I believe anyone that has more info or that number please post pollution is bad enough on our water we dont need a Predator Trash fish too be our demise.:thumbup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i live on the aquia and am a commercial crabber. I caught a 21 incher last november and informed the dor. Unfortunately they seem to be here in numbers. Caught 15 in the pots this summer and the bass fishermen caught several dozen at the mouth of the creek. Dor says you don't have to report them just cut off there heads. Please don't mistake them with the bowfin. They look very similar except the bowfin is brown and lacks the snakelike patterns. Bowfins are a non invasive native species.
Chesapeake i may take you up on your offer. Always looking for someone to fish with. I know the bay well and i hear they are catching big ones at the mouth and the target ships. Just a haul for me. I am trying to save some money and fish close by if theres something to catch.[crabbing was terrible this year] but want to get down to the bay before season's out. Maybe the end of december. Will pm you if i get the time
thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts